Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!Who We Are
Vehicle Engineering (VE) is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. VE is responsible for the integration and development of technologies into a complete truck for all brands within the Volvo Group. We offer integrated solutions to our customers, and we are dedicated to high quality and competitive time to market.What you will be doing
As a Mechanical Engineering Intern
in Chassis department, you should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of mechanical engineering and product development. As a valued member of the Chassis Engineering department, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with Chassis components such as Fuel Systems, Exhaust Systems, DEF Systems, Battery/Power Systems, Steps, Back-of-Cab Access, Quarter Fenders, Mud-Flap Mounts, and the various transport adaptations (Fifth Wheels, Pintle Hitch, Etc.).
Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Create or update CAD Models, Part, and Installation Drawings with CREO-Parametric
- Verify component placement and packaging with surrounding vehicle components using CREO-View
- Release components in a formal engineering process to resolve maintenance items or for project deliveries
- Communicate status of upcoming deliveries during Daily Stand-Up meetings
- Apply Quality Tools to components and systems during the design phase such as FEMA, Boundary Diagrams, & Pugh Matrices.
You are a Mechanical Engineering student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. The selected candidate will report to the Group Manager for Chassis Equipment & Transport Adaptation Team.
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering (or related program) at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills