Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!Who We Are:
Powertrain Engineering (PE) is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. PE is responsible to develop and maintain products and product components of the complete driveline. It also includes Group Truck Technology’s center of development and expertise for Hydrogen solutions.What you will be doing:
As an Engineering Intern
in Powertrain Integration, you will be a key player in the most extensive vehicle/powertrain projects for the future. You will work in close cooperation with a variety of stakeholders and solution providers to ensure the technical delivery is on target according to the project pre-requisites.Your mission will be:
Who you are:
- Support the installation and application of advanced vehicle technologies into Volvo Group
- Validate vehicle features, controls, and systems for North American as well as Global applications, focused on sustainable technologies
- Create and drive plans for current and future programs by defining scope, identifying deliverables, and estimating organizational requirements for successful implementation.
- Work with global teams to deliver common, cost-efficient solutions throughout the Volvo Group.
You are a team player interacting through a broad network, having the skills to transfer high level prerequisites into project requirements and deliverables and supporting root cause analysis - as well as being comfortable to communicate and report project QDCF in reference group and management teams. You can prioritize and focus the project on the main areas contributing to delivering the technical solution. This position will report to the Director of Propulsion Systems Integration.Required:
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering or related program (Engineering Student, Chemical or Electrical is preferred) at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Interns may work up to 30 hours per week during the semester.