Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!
Who We Are
Our team, Complete Vehicle (CV), is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. Complete Vehicle translate the soul of the brand to a product message, design the products and services, deliver all truck and component builds, develop niche products and aftermarket solutions and verify and validate the products and services.What you will be doing
As a Test Engineer Intern
, you will be a valued member of the Driver and Vehicle Productivity Team (D&VP)I’m within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with product engineering and existing D&VP Test Engineers. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. The candidate will have a mentor assigned to them and oversee their daily tasks and will work directly with the test engineers.
Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Develop test work planners
- Facilitate communication with key stakeholders for assigned test requests to develop proper input for test planning/execution
- Support the setup of data acquisition systems
- Perform test requests with guidance from experienced test engineers
- Data analysis and documentation of testing/results in formal engineering reports
- Interface with vehicle engineering and project management teams to support test scheduling and testing status updates
- Development of test methods and post-processing techniques
- Improvement of current test rigs and instrumentation
You are a Mechanical Engineering student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to driver and vehicle productivity group manager.
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering or related program at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- CAD software
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Data acquisition hardware and software
- Basic understanding of electronics
- Basic automotive mechanical and electrical knowledge