At Volvo Group Australia,
we aim to lead in the automotive world by creating innovative transport solutions built around making our customers' lives less complicated. Now we are looking for curious, creative people who want to change the world through innovative thinking.
Our collaborative team at Volvo Commercial Vehicles (VCV) Brisbane North
are looking for a dynamic and driven Second in Charge
) for our Pre- Delivery Department
to join the team who may be looking to progress and take an opportunity to develop their career.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting in various activities, ensuring the team achieves its goals efficiently and effectively whilst maintaining Volvo’s standard of quality and excellence.
Guiding a group of Team Members within the workshop Pre-delivery Department, you will ensure safety and quality standards are excellent, as you work closely with the Supervisor via the dealership’s LEAN strategy. Liaising between the service and parts teams, you will ensure all jobs make a smooth transition throughout the dealership. As a trade qualified and experienced Heavy Diesel Mechanic
you will be confident in providing sound advice and assistance to the team as you capably support the day to day operations of a busy Pre- Delivery Department.
Key Responsibilities:Quality Control & Inspections
Team support & Guidance
- Assist in conducting detailed pre-delivery inspections of all trucks to ensure they adhere to Volvo's quality standards.
- Identify, report, and document any discrepancies or issues that arise during inspections.
- Ensure all inspections are done in a timely manner and are in line with scheduled delivery times.
Communication & Customer Service
- Provide guidance and support to the pre-delivery team in the absence of the Supervisor.
- Coordinate tasks among team members to ensure smooth workflow and timely completions.
- Assist with training and onboarding of new team members.
Operational & Administrative Support
- Collaborate with sales and customer service teams to ensure synchronized efforts and smooth handovers.
- Address customer concerns or queries regarding the pre-delivery process in a professional manner.
- Update Salesman regarding the status of their truck delivery if required.
What’s in it for you:
- Assist the Supervisor in scheduling, reporting, and inventory management.
- Ensure all necessary supplies and equipment are available for the team.
- Coordinate with suppliers and other departments as needed.
- Fulltime role, Monday to Friday with some Saturday work
- Starting salary of $85,000 + Tool Allowance ($50 p/w) + Super + OT
- Live and work local, up your work–life balance
- Generous parental leave program
- Health & Wellbeing programs including family access to Sonder
- The opportunity to do truly meaningful work in a supportive, constructive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents
- Extensive career opportunities both nationally and internationally within the group
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our organisation stronger.
Sure, we’re looking for an experienced and competent Supervisor, but more important than experience, we're looking for someone with the following characteristics:
- Team first – you’re the kind of person that others don’t need to ask for help because you’ve already offered
- Customer champion – you build relationships, your passion for great customer service leaves others motivated and enthusiastic
- Curious – you’re a natural problem solver who rises to the challenge of finding solutions
- Growth – despite being experienced you recognize the need for personal and professional development, taking personal responsibility for leading both
Apply today & start the journey to understand why Volvo Group Australia is the very best place a career focused Supervisor could work.Volvo Group Australia are proud of our inclusive work environment which promotes a supportive energy, and encourages individual growth to create strong teams. We are committed to forming a workforce which reflects the exceptionally diverse customers we serve, and encourage applications from all backgrounds