Thermal Simulation Engineer, ESS, Electromobility
We are currently looking for passionate engineer to join Electromobility team in the Energy Storage System Battery Pack Thermal Simulation & Analysis This is us, your new colleagues
We are responsible for the development transition from conventional powertrains to electromobility and to secure a stepwise implementation in different segments/regions. We develop and drive the electromobility product portfolio for Trucks & Buses as well as creating opportunities for all business areas within Volvo Group. The importance of electromobility is growing every day and a key component within the electrified powertrain is the Energy Storage System (ESS). At our section, we are accountable for the lifecycle management of the ESS, from advanced engineering, throughout product development into the maintenance phase.
You will be part of an agile and approachable organization with skilled product teams consisting of passionate people, in an optimistic atmosphere, where joy, knowledge sharing and openness are key characteristics. With us, you will have a diverse, friendly and open-minded team on your side, always providing you the help needed to manage tasks you cannot imagine today.Who are you?
To be successful in this position you need to be a team player and have an analytic mindset of a true problem solver.
You have experience from the automotive industry with great attitude working cross functional and have a willingness to learn and take more responsibility.Key Responsibilities are:
Required skills and experience:
- To be able to build 3D CFD battery pack simulation models
- To be able to perform battery thermal performance(CHT simulations) and safety simulations with minimum guidance
- Optimize or improve existing simulation methods and work on new simulation method development
- To perform CFD model validation with test data
- Virtually verify components / systems
- Support design and hardware teams with technical know-how.
- To be proactive in the global network between CAE groups within GTT to share knowledge and method development needs / process.
- To write technical report and provide results of CFD & Thermal Analysis for input in Technical requirement, knowledge management systems, methods guideline and for technical solutions.
- Contribute in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) as a theoretical expert
- Participate in FMEA activity
- Master’s or above in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant fields
- Strong understanding of thermal management fundamentals
- Experience in Conjugate Heat Transfer simulations is a must
- Good to have experience in battery safety and multi-phase simulations
- Good to have automation/scripting experience
- Innovative mindset to improve existing systems and methods
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and material selection, especially regarding thermal management components like cooling plate
- Knowledge of testing and validation of components and systems is a plus
- Past experience in automotive component development and exposure to Battery Electric Vehicle Thermal Management is a plus
- 3D simulations knowledge is a must, 1D simulation knowledge is a plus
- Experience in simulation tools like Star CCM+, Mesh tool ANSA
- Knowledge of working with GT Suite, MATLAB Simulink, Python scripting (Good to have) & Machine Learning (Good to have)
- At least 8+ years within domain in automotive industry for an OEM or a supplier
- Assertive communication
- Attention to Detail
- Structured and analytical
- Solution oriented
- Conceptual Thinking
- Leadership mindset
- Clear & crisp in communication
- Demonstrates collaboration