Sales Engineering Salary:
Warwick Head Office
12- month Placement (1st
July 2024- 11th July 2025)Working Hours:
37.5 hours a week Monday- Friday.
25 days holiday, plus bank holidays. Degree Requirements:
- 2 years completed- Placement between 2nd & 3rd study years.
- Working towards a mechanical-based engineering degree
Volvo Trucks is a world-leading truck manufacturer, committed to driving progress and shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport. We are a close and supportive team that works hard to provide total transport solutions in the medium to heavy-duty segment and offer support to customers in more than 130 countries.
As an intern, you will Support new truck sales teams on truck product knowledge and sales system developments, working with sales tools calculating vehicle weights and electric range through applying engineering principles and knowledge as well as collecting data from new or existing vehicles. You will support the rollout and the sales teams transitioning to electric vehicles and work with the truck product support specialist on new customer truck specifications. You will assist the product team in developing training materials for the sales academy and quarterly product updates. Responsibilities:
- Engineering – Understand the truck product offer and where this fits in with legislation and how these impact on the systems used by the sales team.
- Take engineering knowledge to sales excellence as we make the transition from diesel to electric vehicles
Who are you:
- Dealer/Customer – Working closely with sales teams to ensure that the product is fit-for-purpose and supporting customer documents are in alignment.
- Segments – Understand how the truck market is made up and how the truck is adapted – into sectors long haul, distribution and construction.
- Training and Sales Academy – The engineering knowledge and the development of process and working with dealer and customer will support the academy.
- External Shows and Conferences – Represent & support Volvo Trucks at trade shows and customer events as and when required.
- Use and interact with the Volvo sales tools - Weight Information System WIS, Performance PERF, Total Cost of Ownership TCO and Electric Route System ERS, To support with training on these systems
We need someone who has good analytical and presentation skills, you need to be able to proficiently work on IT software such as Office 365 and Excel. You must be a team player with strong communication and coaching skills alongside working on your own initiative.
We want someone who can work well under pressure and is confident to ask questions to learn, develop, and contribute quickly to your role. You must have high attention to detail and have a ‘continuous improvement’ mindset to help Volvo Trucks in its progression.What we have to offer:
- Professional growth and development: Unlock your potential through various training and development opportunities.
- Pension scheme: Matched up to 5% of your salary, including death in service cover.
- Medical Insurance: Medical insurance coverage is provided by Bupa.
- Employee Assistance Programme: Take advantage of our wellness, mindfulness, and counselling services.
- Discounts on various purchases: Enjoy savings on shopping vouchers, cinema tickets, holidays, and travel.
- Fitness perks: Access MyGymDiscounts and MyActiveDiscounts. Make use of our on-site gym.
- Other benefits include Dental insurance, a Cycle-to-work scheme, and Eyecare vouchers.
Apply now to start your Volvo Group journey and be part of a team that recognises and values differences while providing an environment for your personal and professional growth. If this isn't the role for you, share it with a friend. Alternatively, we have a range of other internships on our website that may be suitable.