This position is responsible for processing engine, transmission and sub components parts for final cleaning.
All employees are responsible for the quality of their work and customer satisfaction, and are expected to engage in active continuous improvement. Knowledge and understanding of workplace 5S and problem solving is required to prevent and correct situations that could reduce quality and customer satisfaction.
- Track all materials according to correct work order
- Maintains assigned equipment
- Responsible for maintaining the cleaning of dock and cleaning building
- Maintain clean, safe, and organized workplace, equipment, and facilities according to 5S
- Receives sub components from disassembly for cleaning, ie cylinder heads etc.
- Determines most efficient process for cleaning parts based on size, material, condition
- Inspects parts for cracks and damages and records
- Segregates materials based on status in the cleaning process, per work order
- Logs time per job (work order) either manually or in computer system
- Attention to detail in completing work tasks
- Job requires being reliable, responsible and dependable
- Cooperation in the workplace – requires working with others on the job and displaying a positive and cooperative attitude
- Ability to work overtime on an as needed basis
- VPS / Lean oriented mindset
- High school diploma or GED required
- Vocational certificate or equivalent experience
- Good mechanical knowledge and working knowledge of general machinery and equipment
- Understanding of engine and/or transmission function desired
- Basic use of hand and air tools and torque equipment
- Ability to operate general shop equipment, including cranes
- Basic computer skills. Proficiency in proprietary ERP systems (Visual, SAP, IFS or equivalent) a plus
- Positive attitude, good communication skills, and willing to learn and share knowledge with others
- Punctual, self-motivated, independent, and strong team player
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Basic computer skills
- Regularly required to reach with arms and hands
- Required to stand, walk and use hands to handle tools/controls
- Required to sit, climb, balance and crouch
- Required to be able to lift 50lbs
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Chcemy Cię poznać
Zaraz po złożeniu aplikacji zostanie do Ciebie wysłane potwierdzenie pocztą elektroniczną. Po tym czasie można jeszcze zaktualizować swój profil osobisty.