Our organization is built by people and great teamwork. We are a truly global company and we believe in the advantage of diversity and together we create a workplace that brings the best out of everyone.
We believe in a sustainable future and with the global construction industry as our arena, we work together with our customers to turn this belief into reality for people everywhere. That is our purpose, and we live and breathe it, every day.
Do you want to lead us in building the world we want to live in?
We are looking for a Regional Commodity Director of Purchasing China to our Purchasing function. There are three main work streams within this role:
- Establishing and reviewing key strategic priorities and translating them into a comprehensive strategic plan together with China Purchasing Leadership Team
- Give input / manage supplier selection / relationship / partnership / negotiation in dialogue with all BD Director, Commodity Directors, PPD Project Directors, SD Director and Sales and AFM functions in accordance with the Volvo processes and standards.
- Drive education of business rationale and best practices throughout the plant and regional organization.
- Study on our competitors in China market and cooperate with SDLG.
- Improve the entire supply chain (upstream and downstream) for key components and suppliers with other Commodity teams
- Lead and implement the 7 Priorities.
- Work in accordance with the Volvo CE processes, the Volvo Way, and the Volvo values, VPS and other behaviors
- Manage China AFM Purchasing Organization in line with VCE strategic objectives
- Determine and manage the commodity purchasing strategy for Volvo Construction Equipment to deliver required QCD performance
- Develop and implement a short, medium & long term commodity strategy for Volvo CE aligned to the needs of PPD & OtD
- Structure and maintain supplier base including supplier reduction
- Develop (and be accountable for) global/regional strategy for the regional (sub -) commodities
- Own QDC performance for the regional (sub -) commodity and KPIs follow up
- Manage regional supplier selection/relationship/partnership/negotiation taking into consideration the Volvo CE needs
- Directly manage the regional AFM commodity teams along with the China VP Purchasing
- Lead monthly review of Commodity actions and programs
- Manage cross-functional value teams
- Build a strong commodity management team
- Establish a strong relationship and process with Product
- Negotiate framework agreements (FWA), QDC contracts
- Ensure proper support to operations according to escalation process
- Support to recover warranty cost from suppliers
- Cooperation/integration with SDLG
- Work closely with the Volvo Commodity Directors, Purchasing Management team and Sales and AFM functions to reach team goals.
- Represent China AFM Purchasing teams in Purchasing organization to the major stakeholders and related meetings such as Business Review meetings, Supplier meetings and Negotiations.
- You are part of the China Purchasing Leadership Team and report to Region China VP Purchasing in Volvo Construction Equipment.
- Proven experience in sourcing for an international group
- Leadership, Communication, Purchasing Process, Supply Base management, Dynamism, Results orientated, Change management, Negotiation skills.
- Direct experience in managing supplier relationships and driving continuous improvements programs
- Deep understanding of sourcing strategy process
- Has the required technical skills to understand and support the combined Purchasing and Technology strategy
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Values the details but delegates effectively
- Is an engaging presenter who can capture an audience with ease
- Writing and oral communication skill in English
- University/college graduated, or equivalent demonstrable experience
- More than 5 – 10 years of experience from sourcing in international environment
We don’t know yet - our values are Trust, Passion, Change, Performance and Customer Success. If they light your inner fire, you might be the next player in our great team!
It is only together we can create great business. We are sure, and you should be as well; it is together we will make this world a better place. If you have great capability to involve, motivate and engage others then we are certain that you would be a great asset to our team.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
Chcemy Cię poznać
Zaraz po złożeniu aplikacji zostanie do Ciebie wysłane potwierdzenie pocztą elektroniczną. Po tym czasie można jeszcze zaktualizować swój profil osobisty.