At Volvo Penta, our employees know what it takes to make a team work! Being part of that team means that you’re working with a global and very diverse group of passionate, enthusiastic and highly-skilled professionals from all walks of life who work and play hard. We’re so awesome that we’ve won the ”Great Place to Work” award two years running as well as being named, ”Employer of the Year,” by Diesel Progress magazine! This is absolutely a great place to belong with folks ready to welcome you onboard!
Life is Good in Hampton Roads!
”Hampton Roads” is an eclectic mix of coastal, urban, rural, and historic communities that includes the cities of Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Virginia Beach, Hampton, and Newport News. Our test center marina is located on the water in Suffolk. We have beautiful beaches and state parks, and family-friendly attractions with Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens and North Carolina’s Outer Banks within easy driving distance. The area is host to diverse dining and shopping experiences to suit anyone’s tastes. There are so many exciting things to do here in the area that we highly recommend you come and see it for yourself! You’ll also find excellent school districts and esteemed institutions of higher learning, including Old Dominion University and The College of William and Mary, among others.
Who Are We and Who Are We Looking for to Join Us?
Simply put, we’ve been around for a while and we know a thing or two about being a world-leading supplier of engines and drive systems for both marine and industrial applications to thousands of customers worldwide. We’re world leaders and innovative pioneers. Also, we’d like to point out that business has been good!
Who Are We Looking for to Join Us?
We are looking for an energetic individual to join our Chesapeake, Virginia Product Training Team as a Online Learning Content Specialist. You should be someone who is extremely well-organized, have strong experience with learning management systems programs, be able to focus and prioritize work, and complete objectives. You should be a self-starter with project management experience who can manage a busy workload. You should also be someone who can remain steady and calm under pressure and enjoys teamwork and different approaches to resolve issues.
A Bit About The Position
In this role, you will be managing the development and implementation of learning initiatives for employees of Volvo Penta and our retail business and OEM partners with a core focus on product and technical training. You’ll also create digital learning content to support the transfer of knowledge and development of skills required to properly support Volvo Penta Products. Some other key responsibilities will include:
- Developing digital learning content with a focus on product and technical training
- Being responsible for all aspects of content creation including the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of instructional material to include producing asynchronous and synchronous digital learning content to increase the competency of internal employees, dealers, distributors, and OEMs.
- Being responsible for the entire production process of digital learning material including procedural, regulatory, compliance, product, and soft skills content.
- Prepare detailed project plans and identify required resources to create digital learning content for new products, product updates, campaigns, and service procedures.
- When needed conduct training classes to support the instructor team
- Creating and maintaining multiple training curricula within Navigator LMS to give technicians an organized view as they progress on their learning journey. The content designed will be learner-centered and user-friendly based on confirmed learning objectives, information mapping, and stakeholder feedback.
- Managing multiple, concurrent content-creation project schedules, direct work, and coordinating with VPA departments to assure implementation tasks are completed according to schedule. You will also analyze and determine training requirements for VPA personnel, dealers and OEM’s.
- Working with instructors to design, implement and schedule virtual ILT sessions and produce digital content to support vILT learning objectives. You will also establish online test protocols and ensure the tests function properly within the curriculum.
- Support and advise other departments as the Navigator LMS and eLearning content expert and preparing monthly management reports on eLearning course activity in Navigator.
There may be some traveling involved (up to 25% both domestically and internationally).
What’s Needed to Be Successful In This Role?
The ideal candidate will be an expert in Articulate Suite of eLearning development tools and have experience with virtual Instructor-led Training delivery software (e.g., Adobe Connect, MS Teams). Experience with Adobe Software, Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop is preferable as is expert experience and knowledge with learning management systems administrations. Knowledge and prior use of Cornerstone LMS systems is highly beneficial.
As with Most Companies, You Also Need the Following...
- Expert experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook, and familiarity with database programs.
- You’ll be speaking with employees at all levels within and outside the company, so you’ll need excellent communication skills, including fluency in speaking and writing English.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Training & Development, Technical Education or an equivalent combination of skills and experience. An advanced degree is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in technical training, technical training & development
- 5+ years’ experience utilizing and managing learning management systems. Experience with Cornerstone LMS a major plus.
- Experience and background in recreational durables, retail, and marine industry, a plus.
We offer an amazing benefit package, including:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Competitive compensation and continuing education
- Generous Earned Time Off (ETO) plan (vacation)
- 401K with matching
- And so much more!
Are you ready to work with a global and diverse team of highly-skilled professionals; a company dedicated to, safety, the environment, innovation and success? Apply today for the position of Online Learning Content Specialist. We look forward to meeting you!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Chcemy Cię poznać
Zaraz po złożeniu aplikacji zostanie do Ciebie wysłane potwierdzenie pocztą elektroniczną. Po tym czasie można jeszcze zaktualizować swój profil osobisty.