The co-op role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The Co-op experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Powertrain by working on important and innovative projects. Co-ops are structured learning experiences where coops and our full-time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The Co-op allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Powertrain.
Group Trucks Technology is seeking an Engineering Co-op Student to work with our Powertrain Response Engineering (PRE) team in Hagerstown, MD. This Engineering Co-op Student will work within a small team, led by a technical team leader, to improve customer satisfaction by increasing the capacity to resolve completed and difficult technical issues. He or she should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of the complete powertrain. As a valued member of the PRE team within GTT, this person will have the opportunity to work cross functionally and directly with the various engineering teams. This position will report to the Group Manager of Engineering for the Powertrain Response Engineering team.
The key responsibilities of the Powertrain Response Engineering team are to establish root cause, propose and execute solutions to existing and upcoming technical issues using a systems engineering approach. Assignments to be performed with seamless collaboration with the existing technical groups, maintenance project management and the rest of Powertrain Engineering. This team also works cross functionally with Quality & Customer Satisfaction, Purchasing and Operations as any needed to complete assignments.
Duties may Include:
- Participate in failure analysis utilizing root cause methods (fishbone, 5 why, etc)
- Support concept design development (pugh matrix, etc) to define the optimized solution
- Report Generation and data analysis
- Support chassis and/or test cell work and/or bench testing
- Generate and prepare design work orders and design reviews
- Collect, collate, and maintain design review data
- Define/coordinate prototype part control plan (what is to be measured by supplier)
- Manage purchase requisition through authorization process
- Track prototype parts through order to delivery (locating and follow-up with Purchasing, i.e. supplier contact through Purchasing)
- Verify prototype part quality at time of delivery, identification, where used
- Coordinate parts made in HGR and Allentown/Greensboro machine shops
- Coordinate component specific test: AVO’s, instrumentation request, test location, Test Tech Coordination, and collect data
- Analyze test data for Engineer review
- Synthesize component durability test hours (in cell or on bench)
- Define, coordinate and analyze component measurements for Engineer review
- Data input and information extraction from electronic systems (eg., KOLA, TIKA…)
- Document detailed component related information (pictorially and in written format)
- Attention to details required when identifying a root cause to a specific problem or situation.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Co-op Education and Program Requirements:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree, B.S. or M.S. Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Programing, Software Engineering, or equivalent, at an accredited school, a sophomore and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the co-op position
- Co-ops work 40 hours per week.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid US Work authorization.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Chcemy Cię poznać
Zaraz po złożeniu aplikacji zostanie do Ciebie wysłane potwierdzenie pocztą elektroniczną. Po tym czasie można jeszcze zaktualizować swój profil osobisty.