Principal Duties and Accountability (*Essential Functions):
- Participates at initiation phase of new product lines to assist in designing cost-effective manufacturing layouts and building tools using ergonomic principles
- Develops and designs workplace layouts to reduce awkward positions, repetitive motions, and inefficient operations.
- Develops, installs, and maintains equitable standards
- Measures variances to standards, identifies out-of-control variances, investigates causes, and suggests solutions.
- Keeps abreast of technology changes and installs the most effective manufacturing methods to keep the company at a competitive edge at all times
- Implements method changes that reduce cost of production and progress toward reaching budgeted goal
- Provides work leadership and training to lower level professional employees
- Develops methods for measuring work performance against standards
- Works to develop management information systems for planning and control purposes
- Prepares cost estimates for proposed projects and evaluates cost factors
- Responsible for complex planning activities related to equipment layouts in plant, office, and production facilities
- Conducts studies that determine the most efficient sequence of operations and workflow and recommends methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel
- Prepares cost and time estimates for proposed projects and evaluates cost factors. Provides work leadership and training to lower level professional employees
- Report to management team on business cases, business recommendations, and project status
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Equivalent Experience Required
- Minimum four years of experience (Internal logistics/manufacturing related)
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team, as well as, facilitate cross-functional teams
- The ability to remain in a stationary position roughly 80% of the time, as well as the ability to move about the office occasionally (accessing files/storage, office equipment, computers and other office productivity devices, attending meetings, etc.), is required
- Using a computer while sitting for extended periods is common
- No heavy lifting is expected, though occasional exertion of 10-20 lbs. of force (e.g., carrying a laptop, binder, or both) is required. Good manual dexterity required to use common office equipment (e.g., computers, mobile devices, calculators, copiers, scanners
The job is in a traditional office setting. Extended periods of sitting while using a computer or other devices are common.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Chcemy Cię poznać
Zaraz po złożeniu aplikacji zostanie do Ciebie wysłane potwierdzenie pocztą elektroniczną. Po tym czasie można jeszcze zaktualizować swój profil osobisty.