Want to join our journey towards excellence?This is us, your new colleagues
Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Volvo Penta, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
We work cross-functionally and globally to exceed our customer’s expectations and reach the world class manufacturing level. We have exciting work in front of us, and more on the horizon. The automotive world is changing rapidly and to be part of this big change is an exciting movement. Many growth and countless career opportunities await for leaders who are willing to join our team on this challenging journey. What to learn more about Hagerstown?
We are the Heart. We develop and produce heavy-duty diesel engines, transmissions and axles for Volvo Group Brands. In operation since 1961, we are a proud supportive member of the community of Washington County and its surrounding areas.We are looking for
A business controller with strong motivation and engagement for continuously improving the processes around them. The analyst is expected to cultivate relationships while working within a diverse highly skilled team. This team’s goal is to support in implementing optimal cost-effective processes and methods in a safe way all while delivering a high quality product. You will be responsible to contribute to a continuous improvement culture focused on waste elimination, employee engagement and change towards a built-in-quality mindset of the entire Powertrain operation organization of Hagerstown.Main activities and responsibilities for this role:
Critical competencies and experience
- Partner and coach business teams in order to deliver superior financial performance
- Provide financial guidance and analysis to generate positive financial results
- Employ a continuous improvement mindset in creating improvement solutions within assigned business areas and Business Control
- Take active role with departmental budgeting, monthly estimating and gap analysis between actual and planned results
- Ensure accurate and on time reporting in accordance with internal audit and financial policy guidelines
- Collect data, perform analysis and report key performance indicators
- Recognize patterns in data, information and events, draw logical conclusions, and make recommendations for action
- Provide financial expertise on projects and business cases
- Perform economic/financial research and analysis for use in the development of business strategies and tactics and in subsequent appraisal of results
We are looking for a team member with a strong customer focus who will be committed to the teamwork environment through being a resourceful team player. Maintaining collaborative relationships with team members internal and external is key in creating a successful and strong team. Experience with decision making and influencing ability is key in being about to drive the implementation and necessary changes. Excellent communication skills will ease both team and cross functional work for allowing trustworthy network building.
The ideal candidate for this position has a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or related field with a minimum of 3 years of experience.