At the Circular Solutions and Operations facility in Charlotte, N.C., we receive Powertrain Components that have exceeded their initial life cycle and restore them to their original performance specifications. Our site is committed to protecting the environment and has received multiple environmental awards.
Our work is challenging and rewarding as we help the Volvo Group fulfill its mission of “driving prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions.” This opportunity with the Charlotte, NC Remanufacturing team also offers the ability to learn an interesting aspect of the business while making a positive impact on the environment.
Remanufacturing Mechanic/Technician’s responsibilities include disassembling, cleaning, inspecting, assembling, and testing medium and heavy-duty engines and transmissions. Advanced troubleshooting and technical skills along with basic hand and power tools, lifting devices, testing equipment and powered or manual pallet jacks to produce quality products. Experience working in a manufacturing environment will be considered.
Job Duties include:
- Removing, detailing, and installing crankshafts, cylinder kits, cylinder heads, adjusting valves and other components.
- Removing, detailing, and assembly of transmission, shafts, clutches, control valves, gears.
- After final assembly, testing of engines, painting and final inspection needs to be performed.
- Respect for operational modes and standards, focus on quality following the work instructions and the established operating modes.
- Promote salvation of parts at any stage of the production process, demonstrates care with the use of natural resources such as energy, turning off lights and computers at intervals and at the end of the shift, and using adequate quantities of chemicals to avoid the generation of unnecessary waste.
- Meet daily production objectives, without generating losses and impacts on deliveries.
- Maintain the production standard, without generating anomalies to the product/ process, ensuring reliability and regularity in the execution of the work.
- Propose ideas for improvements, meeting the area's Key Performance Indicator and contributing to cost reduction.
- Promote and report safety concerns using the existent process, learn and apply the methodology in place.
- Respect for the safety concepts and actively participate in the department meetings and gives the necessary referrals, makes use of the indicated PPE and safety devices.
- Inform team leaders of deviations in the process, contributing to the reporting of waste in the process.
- Learn and make use of 5S methodology, existent check list, approaches, correct disposal of residues and secure correct identification of chemicals.
- Learn and keep the systems updated daily, record properly and accurately required information to support production processes
Why work for the Volvo Group?
We offer a challenging work environment that will keep you engaged while providing the opportunity to grow your skills in a unique area of the business.
Additionally, as part of the Volvo Group Circular Operations and Solutions team in Charlotte, NC we offer:
Education and Experience
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Competitive compensation
- 401k with matching
- Outstanding, values-driven work culture
- Grow your skills and advance in your career
Physical Demands to be met with or without accommodation
- High school diploma or GED
- Five (5) years’ experience is a plus
- Disassembly, Detailing and Assembly of diesel engines and/or transmissions is a plus.
- Basic use of hand tools & shop equipment, including cranes, sockets, impacts, torque wrenches, & pallet jacks.
- Basic Microsoft office knowledge
- Regularly required to reach with arms and hands
- Be able to lift up to 50lbs on a frequent basis
- Required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle tools/controls
- Required to sit, climb, balance and crouch.
Mon-Thurs 2:00 p.m-12:00 a.m.