Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!Who We Are
Our team, Complete Vehicle (CV), is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. Complete Vehicle translates the soul of the brand to a product message, design the products and services, deliver all truck and component builds, develop niche products and aftermarket solutions and verify and validate the products and services.What you will be doing
As an intern you will be a valued member of the Driver and Vehicle Productivity Team (D&VP) within GTT and will have the opportunity to work hands-on with Volvo products supporting vehicle level performance verification and validation activities.
Your mission will be:
The candidate will have a mentor assigned to them and oversee their daily tasks.
Who you are
- The candidate will work directly with the test engineers focusing on the following:
- Facilitate communication with key stakeholders for assigned test requests to develop proper input for test planning/execution
- Develop test work planners
- Support the setup of data acquisition systems
- Perform test requests with guidance from experienced test engineers
- Data analysis and documentation of testing/results in formal Engineering Reports
- Interface with Vehicle Engineering and Project Management teams to support test scheduling and testing status updates
- Development of test methods and post-processing techniques
- Improvement of current test rigs and instrumentation
- It is preferable that the candidate have experience with the following:
- Python or other scripting language
- CAD software
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic understanding of data acquisition hardware and software
- Basic understanding of electronics
- Basic automotive mechanical and electrical knowledge
- Enjoys hand-on work
You are a Mechanical Engineering student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to Driver and Vehicle Productivity Group Manager. Required:
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering or related program at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75.
- Interns may work up to 40 hours per week during the summer term.
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development