At Volvo Group Australia
(VGA) we strongly believe in a future where sustainable and efficient transport and infrastructure solutions are essential for any society to prosper, where collaboration and diversity increase speed and solve societal challenges. Our solutions improve the everyday life of our customers and for the society at large, today and tomorrow.Ignite your career and work where the action is!
VGA is currently recruiting our 2023 Apprenticeship Program
for our Sydney dealerships in Blacktown and in Prestons. Bring your passion for automotive, mechanics and electromobility and be a part of shaping the future world we live in. As an Apprentice at VGA, you'll have the opportunity to work on our customer's fleet of Volvo Trucks & Buses, Mack Trucks and UD Trucks
while opening the doors to endless career opportunities starting with a 4 year training program that will give you the tools, experience and exposure to become a fully qualified Diesel Mechanic.
Earn while you learn! VGA's apprenticeships offer practical, on-the-job experience that lead to a nationally recognised qualification, Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology. You’ll be working with a world leader in transport solutions and have the opportunity to learn from a team of highly skilled diesel mechanics in the heavy vehicle industry. Apprenticeships will commence in January 2023.About you:
- Completing Year 12 in 2022 or have previously completed Year 12 with a minimum pass achievement in both Maths and English
- Have a genuine interest in the heavy commercial vehicle industry, where you can demonstrate through previous studies or work experience
- Previous experience working with hand tools, in an industrial/automotive work environment
- Motivated and adaptable, with a desire to learn both within a workshop and classroom environment
- A team player who is reliable and trustworthy with good written and verbal communication skills
- Share Volvo Group’s values: Customer Service, Trust, Passion, Change and Performance.
This is an amazing opportunity not to be missed! If you are a team player and are ready to commit to 4 years of training, then we want to hear from you.How to apply:
- Competitive apprentice hourly rates and generous tool allowance
- Fortnightly paid wages an opportunity to earn additional superannuation payments*
- Free uniforms, including a laundering service
- Paid training and development with potential future global career development opportunities
- Loyalty is rewarded with Annual Service Recognition Program
- A dedicated Wellness program including discounts on Private Health Insurance & Dental
- An Employee Assistance Program, confidential service to support you and your immediate family members
- Progressive and trusted leadership team who are passionate about inspiring & developing all team members
- Most importantly, you’ll get all the support and training you need to succeed making you an expert on our products, Volvo Trucks & Buses, Mack Trucks, UD Trucks.
Please submit your application including:
Volvo Group Australia are proud of our inclusive work environment which promotes a supportive energy and encourages individual growth to create strong teams. We are committed to forming a workforce which reflects the exceptionally diverse customers we service and encourage applications from all backgrounds. We find that diverse working teams increase group dynamics, creativity and new approaches to solution.
- Cover letter
- address why you would like to be considered for an apprenticeship opportunity with Volvo Group Australia
- An up to date Resume