Are you engaged in your work, professional in everything you do and prepared to go that extra mile? If yes – then the Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing (GTP) is the right place for you. GTP provides competitive advantages to the Volvo Group by selecting high performing suppliers to deliver the best possible products & services with the right quality output that add real business value for our customers.
We like to work hard, have fun and we are committed to our customer and the Volvo Group success. You will work with a high performing team aiming at world-class Purchasing – do you have what it takes?THIS IS US
Resilient Supply Network & Project Management (RSN/PM) is a global organization within GTP with holistic responsibility over the Product Project portfolio, Volume & Supplier Capacity Planning, Supply Partner Development and Crisis Management. We deliver customer value via end to end product evolution ownership & resilient supply network and we enable the best Performance & Customer Success outcomes while fully coordinated with GTT and GTO and Volvo Brands within efficient governance structure. We have a data-based proactive supply network management as well as a strong reactive capability – driving industry leading performance. We use digitalization to Monitor & Develop our suppliers into Trusted Partners, leading to full transparency and proactive visibility of risks during end to end processes.
Resilient Supply Network & Project Management (RSN/PM) Europe being the Strategic steering line for all RSN/PM purchasing activities within GTP, we organize a strong collaboration within RSN/PM purchasing teams spread across different sites/regions, and we are also the operational line responsible for RSN/PM Europe business all along specific process steps and areas. The team is responsible to drive end-to-end Purchasing activities whilst securing QDCF-TSR (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management) targets.
We are now looking for a colleague who would like to join our dynamic and goal-oriented team. We are proud to say that in our team we create TRUST by the way of working with peers and colleagues. We deliver with world-class PERFORMANCE both hard and soft. We have fun at work and show PASSION in what we do. CUSTOMER SUCCESS is guiding us in the decisions. We CHANGE to stay ahead and we continuously improve every day.
Ready for a challenge? Good. Because we are ready for you.ROLE DESCRIPTION
As Head of Tier N management, you functionally lead a network within GTP, with the purpose of establishing, developing and strengthening relationship with Tier N suppliers on selected segments, such as steel, plastics, semiconductors, connectors…
You also ensure GTP is keeping an up-to-date Supply Chain Mapping on relevant segments, including Tier N description, from sourcing to phase out.
You support the crisis case management team when needed by involving Tier N suppliers on crisis cases. You play an important role to expand the GTP relationship to the complete Supply Network.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
- Coordinate technical competences (buyer, business specialists, technical experts…) on segments where Volvo GTP is willing to set a business relationship with Tier N suppliers, on both operational and strategic activities
- Coordinate Supply Chain mapping activities on selected segments, using PS&D developed IT solutions
- Supports commodities in setting strategic business plans and partnership roadmaps with Tier N suppliers
- Supports commodities in setting proper Tier N risk analysis at sourcing phase
- Keep close relationship with PS&D Supply Chain systems owners
- Supports case leaders by engaging business specialists / technical experts or dedicated Tier N case leaders on crisis cases when direct relationship with Tier N suppliers is needed
You will be a member of the Crisis Management team and actively contribute to the development of the department. You will report to the Head of Crisis Management.Main qualifications:
- University degree in Engineering/technology and/or Business Administration
- Crisis management skills
- Good data management and analytical skills
- Ability to thrive in agile and complex situations
- A strong understanding of business challenges in a global environment and preferably a good understanding of the Volvo Group Business
- Experience in Purchasing
- Executive communication and teamwork skills
Location will be flexible Gothenburg, Sweden or Lyon, France.