Do you have a passion for competence development and can feel the satisfaction of also going onsite to utilize your skills hands-on, and want to be an important player supporting our business partners to be number one in uptime and support our customer’s success?
Would you like to work in different arenas and with different cultures, one day virtually train customers or service technicians in a well-equipped classroom in south India and the week after running instructor led (ILT) F2F training to service technicians and service managers at a dealer located in north India?
Would you enjoy visiting the equipment powered by Volvo Penta diesel engines in the underground mines or in a remote village with borewell compressors to help the customer get back in business representing Volvo Penta India headquarters as a product specialist?
Then we might just have the perfect role for you!
Volvo Penta knows the importance of building a life cycle relationship with our customers, as we believe this is the key to success. One important part of this relationship is to focus on technical support to the business Partners and competence development of dealer/OEM technicians and customers.
As a technical support engineer, you will join the service market team but also work side by side with headquarter technical support team in Sweden. You will support our dealer network and customers with complex technical issues on site.
As a technical trainer, you will contribute to this by taking on the role of a key player within the service market industrial. As the transition to digitalize training has started it is as well on top of your agenda to smoothly mix the traditional needs with the opportunities of new technology.
You will be responsible for your market but at the same time belong to a team that jointly owns the entire service market operations like parts sales, key account support, product support, and dealer development for industrial and marine products in India.
Main activities and responsibilities:
• Support industrial engines on-site with complex technical issues.
• Work closely with Volvo Penta’s global service market team
• Assist in the fault diagnosis process, comply with warranty procedures during repairs
• Assist with Action Service team, remote assistance when required
• Present the features and benefits of Volvo Penta products & services
• Map, follow up and evaluate the competence and handle the training calendar support in developing
training material (face-to-face, virtual, digital, e-learning, videos, etc.)
• Secure infrastructure for training conducted (tools, equipment, handouts, etc.)
• Coach and support business partner trainers and technicians in their continuous development paths
Required Knowledge, experience:
• Relevant technical education and technical background especially in electronic engines.
• 5-10 years of relevant field work & teaching experience, e.g., engineering heavy-duty machinery or
driveline components knowledge of other diesel engine brand products are a merit
• Workshop experience or knowledge is appreciated
• Excellent communication and presentation/online facilitation skills
• Experienced in and interested in coaching and competence development
• Fluent in English and Hindi, other language skills are a bonus
• Thorough knowledge of MS Office programs
• Strong supporter of digitalization
• Willingness to travel extensively across India and other countries
• A passion for problem-solving and finding technical solutions
• Technical interest
• Strong relationship-building skills competence & development area
• Team oriented and with the ability to work alone
• Ability to manage peaks in workload
• Curiosity about new places and customers
But most of all, you have the passion and interest in the area of technical support and competence development combined with dealing with business partners, and the eagerness to learn more within this field as we believe that your attitude is the most important and valuable asset to us.
If you are action-oriented, flexible, and love challenges, then please send your application because we are hoping to hear from you!