Are you an experienced engineer with a passion for driving quality solutions for product success? Do you enjoy working on a team of skilled and empowered engineers working towards a common goal? Do you want to work on new and exciting products securing and improving the quality of future for Volvo Trucks?
If so, Volvo Group is currently seeking a high energy Geometrical Architect Engineer to join our Cab Engineering team in Greensboro, NC!Who We Are
Our team, Cab Engineering, is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America. Cab Engineering North America has the responsibility for delivering Cab Projects, Cab Architecture solutions, and Cab Features for the Mack Truck and Volvo Truck brands. We develop new and advanced cab solutions for our future trucks while continually adapting our current products to new and different market and customer demands.
Together with us, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals. We have a strong culture based on our company values, which are central our work. We believe in a work environment where:
What You Will be Doing
- We constantly strive for outstanding Performance.
- We are obsessed with Customer Success.
- We initiate Change to stay ahead.
- We willingly place our Trust in each other.
- We have a huge Passion for what we do.
The Geometrical Architect (GA) takes the lead in cross-commodity geometrical activities to fulfill the project QDCF requirements. GA brings complete vehicle knowledge and drives engineering designs and strategies, aligning common interfaces through Common Architecture and Shared Technology (CAST), all while balancing needs of various stakeholders and protecting brand distinction.
Who You Are
- Deliver quality secured geometry towards the projects by leading a cross functional team to solve packaging / geometry issues between different commodities
- Propose solutions for complete offer scenario / packaging
- Support Product Design by collecting / providing technical inputs to the design team for development of Digital Surface Models. Provide verification on DSM compliance following delivery.
- Analyze and propose common solutions that can support all brands in order to minimize part numbers and maximize common parts
- Provide input regarding geometrical matters to stakeholders, including Global Manufacturing (GM), Aftermarket (AM), and commodities (ex. Cab, Chassis, Electrical, Powertrain) from a complete vehicle perspective
- Build geometry verification plan (through packaging studies, virtual builds, physical builds, DMU structure, etc.)
- Report to project, progress and status for all geometry-related activities
- Identify A & B-level interface impacts and balance project geometrical requirements with platform requirements according to the Interface process.
- Drive Digital Mock Up (DMU structure) deliveries according to DMU logic
You are a skilled and experienced engineer with a passion for solving complex challenges. Your ability to network, create partnerships and lead cross-functional teams makes you a leader amongst your peers. You are action oriented while also valuing difference of opinions. You understand the importance of collaboration which keeping the customer focus in mind for all decisions. You are seeking a role where you will have the opportunity to work in a high energy environment securing and improving the Volvo and Mack Truck products.
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us? Compensation & Benefits
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field (Master’s Preferred).
- 8-12+ years of experience in product development projects within the automotive and/or Heavy Duty truck industry.
- Catia experience preferred; Experience with a CAD system is essential
Are you ready to join our team and shape the future of the transportation industry together with us?
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off including paid caregiver and parental leave policies
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans
- Working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first
- Focus on professional and personal development through Volvo Group University
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier
- Want to learn more about these programs? Continue your exploratory journey with us here