Director Health & Safety, Group HR
To whom It may concern,
When crossing the bridge to Hisingen on bus 55, I could not help to feel a sense of pride. Looking out over the Gothenburg archipelago, knowing Volvo Group propels the electrified ferry just docking the Eriksberg harbour. Builds the truck we just passed, not to forget the yellow construction equipment’s to the right, as beautiful as a rapeseed field in the spring. Knowing that we at Volvo Group help people reach their destination in a more environmental way, makes me forget the pouring rain for a little while.
I am proud to have them as my colleagues. Colleagues all around the world who not only build and construct the vehicles, but focus on the environment when doing so. I am honoured to be a part of a team and a company where the environment is in focus. At Volvo Group we are creating vehicles, engines and a work environment to be proud of. And this is where you come into the picture.
Your main activities and responsibilities
As Director Health & Safety you will have the global coordination responsibility for the Health & Safety in the Volvo Group. Your ideas, leadership and great work on our work environment will inspire not only the management and Health and Safety professionals. But influence the whole Volvo Group.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Monitor trends, research, and development to understand opportunities for Volvo Group within the area of Health & Safety (H&S)
- Develop policies, directives and guidelines and a global strategy for H&S development and improvement and ensure these are in line with global HR policies and strategies, employer branding, and support Volvo efforts in the area of Corporate Responsibility
- Share achievements, KPI’s, and development areas in management fora such as Volvo Group Executive Board, AB Volvo Board, and HR Council for decisions and action
- Lead and coach a network of the H&S leaders of all TD/BA’s and countries, and influence the business to fill in competency gaps. Onboard newcomers and share best practices and common ways of working. Lead monthly meetings with the Global Health & Safety Functional Working Group
- Lead a virtual expertise team in ergonomics, health and mental health, operations, and retail safety. Ensure relevant work and deliveries are aligned with business expectations. Support in deployment
- Train, communicate, inform, and lead webinars for H&S specialists, HRBP’s, managers, and employees. Lead and support initiatives such as the Volvo Group Health & Safety Award and the Volvo Group Health & Safety Convention. Develop and lead a communication plan using various forms of media such as Violin, Volvo Group Magazine, SharePoint, and social media
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with the ability to demonstrate/develop deep knowledge and understanding within Health & Safety from a global and strategic perspective, including mental health
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and multi-cultural communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate a clear vision and global mindset
- As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required
- PC literate with a good understanding of IT tools
Are we the perfect match?
When crossing the bridge this morning, facing the fact that we at Volvo Group are not only a part of building more environmental engines and vehicles, but creating a better tomorrow. And better for our employees too. To be honest, there are not many things better than that. Well maybe if it wasn’t pouring rain outside. But we can’t change the climate hey? Or, in fact, we can. However, that is yet another story.
Join us on the fantastic journey we have ahead of us. Doing what we did yesterday will not make much of a difference. Let us continue our work on creating a better tomorrow.
Best Regards Anders Abramsson
Please contact me or my colleague if you have any questions:
Anders Abramsson, SVP Business Office, Group HR, +46 765534312 or
Josefin Junerup, HR Business Partner, +46 31 3237575
Volvo Group Human Resources contributes to realizing the vision of Volvo Group by driving the development of a global team of high performing people. The Volvo Group University, which delivers training and development and HR Services, that deliver HR administration and support are also part of the Group HR organization. With Volvo Group HR you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.