Intern: Service Market Logistics- Programming Support (Summer 2019)
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the student's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The intern experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group Trucks by working on important and innovative projects. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns and our full time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Group Trucks.
The applicant will be tasked with developing and maintaining computer based tools using Visual Studio, Java and Microsoft Office products. These tools will automate current processes utilized within the logistics Group. The tools will be used by multiple users to track and document progress towards the completion of project tasks and requirements.
Minimum Education/Skills Required
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a BS Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering at an accredited school and must have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Applicants must be doing well in school and on track to graduation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Access, Excel, Project)
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Visual Studio integrated development environment (IDE)
- Strong Proficiency with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) & VB.NET
- Good understanding of the Microsoft SharePoint framework
- Good communication skills and able to work in a team environment
- Ability to think and work independently; follow task to completion without direct oversight
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.