Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Our solutions to today’s global challenges are driven by our Mission of “Driving prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions” and our Vision “To be the most desired and successful transport and infrastructure solution provider in the world”.Our Offer To You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
Volvo Group is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values, which include Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values are a major force in guiding our day-to-day behavior and drive our decision making at all levels of the organization. Our values are easy to understand, and yet fundamentally important. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?What You Will Be Doing
Volvo Group is searching for a Senior Project Buyer who will develop the sourcing plan for his/her components according to cross-functional time plans. You will manage sourcing activities in project phase and act as the main interface towards suppliers and internal projects during the entire project life cycle. You will be responsible for securing that Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability, and Risk Management (QDCFTSR) targets are met and maintained, and you will ensure that selected suppliers are ready for production. This position will report to the Head of Sheet Metal and Fasteners Purchasing North America, and can be based out of either Greensboro, NC or Hagerstown, MD (Greensboro is the preference).
What We Are Looking For
- Serve as an active member in the global network of Project & Commodity Buyers
- Develop the sourcing plan for components & systems according to cross-functional time plans
- Manage sourcing activities in project phase
- Drive the supplier selection process
- Secure that supplier selection complies with targets/budget (sourcing deadline, tooling, costs, etc.)
- Secure the outcome of the sourcing in a contractual package
- Ensure deliverables from suppliers to fulfill Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) activities managed by the Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE)
- Challenge, negotiate, secure, and report fulfillment of project targets in terms of QDCFTSR during sourcing and project phase
- Monitor, identify, and mitigate risks in the project phase
- Manage parts and orders in project phase and ensure a timely part transfer in the system to the Commodity Buyer
- Ensure that the supplier is prepared for production, including capacity and all needed system updates
- Manage Project Performance Reviews with suppliers and stakeholders
- Provide input on Supplier Project Performance to the Commodity Buyer
- 6+ years of strategic purchasing experience
- Proven negotiation skills
- Experience in the automotive industry is an advantage, otherwise some sort of heavy manufacturing
- Well-developed business acumen, agile in way of working
- Desire to work in a collaborative team towards a common purpose
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, or related field
- Competitive base salary
- Company bonus
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401(K) with company match, as well as additional automatic company contribution
- Culture with a passion for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for all
- Aggressive approach to Sustainability
- Flexible work environment
- 5 - 6 weeks of annual vacation
- Global organization with expansive career growth opportunities
- Volvo Group University for professional and personal development
- Workplace health/wellness, and reimbursement programs
- Onsite fitness center and cafe
- Would you like to dig deeper into some of the above topics? We invite you to continue your exploratory journey here!