This position is responsible for assisting and supporting all branch departments with facility upkeep and maintenance.
• This position will champion a “Safety First”, “Customer Focused” and a “Continuous improvement” culture.
• Enforce and adhere to all company policies, procedures, standards, and values.
• Maintain excellent customer and employee relations.
• Work safely at all times. Adhere to all VCES safety guidelines, policies, and practices.
Main Tasks/ Responsibilities:
• Perform building maintenance, misc. repairs, landscaping, and special projects.
• Must be capable of comprehending and following instructions, following a daily check list of branch maintenance items to be performed daily/weekly. Work on special projects as directed.
• Worker will demonstrate safe and proper application of all tools and equipment.
• Ability to work on and around heavy construction equipment, which requires climbing and accessing hard to reach areas.
• Will demonstrate proper application and use of all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• Will provide a high level of customer service and satisfaction to all internal and external customers.
• Assist service technicians as needed.
• Uses skills and knowledge to service equipment systems, including but not limited to hydraulic, air, electrical and lubrication.
• Will safely operate different industrial tools including a forklift.
• Ability to have a flexible schedule for overtime, as needed.
• Tools for job will be provided.
• Perform tasks as directed by the department supervisor in all areas of the branch.
• Performs other duties as directed.
Education/Professional Qualifications required for the position:
• High School diploma or GED.
• Prior experience in the construction industry strongly preferred.
• Possesses a valid California Driver’s License and a good driving record.
• May have some local travel.
Additional Important Requirements:
• Requires prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing.
• Frequent stooping, bending, overhead reaching, lifting, pulling, caring, or pushing objects or materials, up to 25lbs.
• Occasional lifting, pulling, or pushing objects or materials, up to 50lbs.
• Will work in a noisy, dusty areas with outdoor elements and environment.
• Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, steps and use handrails for entering and exiting heavy equipment.
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- State-of-the-art training and personal development
- PTO and tax deferred retirement plans, varied by business
We also offer an array of additional benefits and programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier. We will gladly share this information and more at any time during the interviewing process or as part of your offer letter.
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For this position, the hourly rate is set at $18.00 - $20.00, and where applicable, bonus eligible. The range for this role, as well as final salary offered, is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, work-related knowledge, certifications, skills, education, and experience. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.