Our company culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers and society as a whole. It helps us achieve our business objectives. It is firmly rooted in our history and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything is built.
The Volvo Group culture is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values, which guide our day-to-day behavior and drive our decision-making at all levels of the organization. The Volvo values are easy to understand – and yet fundamentally important. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands. It is also to be part of a reputation that has been earned over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us. Our company values help guide us on that journey.
Watch the Group Talk videos above to hear our employees share their stories connected to each value in a format inspired by the “TED Talk” experience.
- We are transparent and have respect for the individual.
- We trust other teams to do their best and we respect the decisions made.
- We collaborate easily and create excellent results through teamwork and open dialogue.
- We are empowered our values and have the courage to act.
- We are proud of the work and business we do.
- We are engaged and committed to meet our goals.
- We see how diversity strengthens us and try to bring out the best in everyone.
- We admit mistakes, fix them and learn from them.
- We are proud of our achievements, have fun and celebrate our successes.
- We are curious about the world around us.
- We are innovative and find smart ways to create new solutions and business.
- We see change and transformation as a source of inspiration and energy.
- We are open-minded and share our knowledge.
- We have a strong business instinct.
- We have the skills, knowledge and intuition to do the right thing according to Volvo values.
- We expect a lot from ourselves and others, and walk the extra mile to do a great job.
- We see the big picture and know when to let go of an idea, a project or a plan.