IT Graduate Program - Solution Engineer
The IT Graduate Development Program is an entry-level program designed to provide recent college graduates with an opportunity to work in challenging environments while learning how our organization provides complete transport solutions.
During 12 intense and exciting months, starting September 2020 you will be given a unique opportunity to gain a holistic view of the Volvo Group and the IT community. It will be kick-start to your career through different assignments or parts of the organization, networking, and professional and personal development. Upon completion of the program, you will continue to work in the position you were recruited in, either in the same delivery or in another assignment. You will have a permanent position from day one, with a manager and mentor to support you. You will work on real projects, side by side with colleagues across the globe. In parallel, you and your fellow graduate program participants will take part in common learning modules designed to help you grow your network, develop as a person and prepare you for your future career in the Volvo Group.
With Volvo Financial Services you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals to provide expert financial services and solutions to customers and dealers in support of the Volvo Group’s sales. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
YOUR MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
This is a great opportunity to work in a Solution Engineering role within the Retail & Wholesale of the Americas team. In this role you will support numerous technical solutions that support our business across the region in the US, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Chile, and Peru. Your understanding of software and hardware systems will enable you to work across various departments from operations to network engineers as well as software vendor partners to deliver high quality technical solutions that meet or exceed business needs. It means then you will be engaged in:
- Proactively working with customers to assess technical pain points and scope out technical requirements concerning functionality and platforms
- Researching and assessing technical solution options regarding best practices in the field and cost-effective solutions
- Providing detailed specifications for proposed solutions including time and scope
- Analyzing current technologies within the Region and develop steps and processes to improve
- Supporting numerous applications that support the Retail & Wholesale business across multiple countries
WHO ARE YOU?
To be successful in this role you will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- A BSc or MSc in Computer science or Software Engineering (graduated in 2018, 2019 or 2020)
- A passion for IT
- Maximum two years previous working experience prior to, or after graduation – ideally in a Financial Service or Salesforce
- Experience with at least 1 programming framework & language
- Solid English skills
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodology will be a plus
ARE WE A MATCH?
Candidates should possess the following critical competencies and characteristics:
- Communicative team player with the ambition to develop both yourself and the business
- Target-oriented attitude with a strong drive for results
- Seeks to understand customer needs and delivers results for success
- Transparent, has respect for the individual and values diversity
- Desire to achieve the best results through innovative solutions
LET'S DO THIS!
Imagine yourself working with the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Will you join us?
Curious and have specific questions regarding the IT Graduate Program or this role? Please send an email to VolvoNAITGraduateProgram@volvo.com
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.