Lead Engineer - Driveline & Hybrids
This position provides technical expertise to the organization in the areas of product design, product application, reliability and durability, and problem solving of transmission and axle components. Responsibilities also include creating and maintaining product documentation for Mack Proprietary Double Reduction axle, as well as providing technical direction to bargaining unit mechanics and test technicians; developing schedules; establishing priorities.
- The Engineer will be primary design and validation responsible for some of the Mack Double Reduction axle proprietary components (Example: ductile iron/Aluminum castings, Spiral Bevel gears, stampings, shafts etc).
- The Engineer will also be communicating with Manufacturing, Purchasing, Suppliers and Volvo Supplier Quality Assurance personnel on a daily basis making quick decisions to keep the production line running. Engineer is expected to think on his/her feet and communicate effectively with different parts of the organization.
- The Lead Engineer is expected to have broad understanding of Drivelines and how various components are effected, upstream and downstream, by the Engine, transmission, axle, drive-shafts, suspension etc.
- The Lead Engineer is expected to provide guidance to other Driveline Engineers on complex Engineering solutions.
- The Lead Engineer is expected to develop product roadmaps for various Driveline components (in coordination with Driveline Manager) and proactively lead activities to develop prototypes and/or proof of concepts in coordination with internal/external stakeholders/suppliers.
- The candidate should be self-driven with ability to identify problems quickly and address them in efficient manner.
- Domestic and International travel upto 10% may be required.
- Perform other engineering duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree required; Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- 7-10 yrs minimum experience preferred; Candidates with relevant experience (but not meeting years of experience) will be considered for Senior Engineer role.
- Candidates with prior experience working in the areas of transmission gear-box, axle, drive-shaft systems will be given preference
- Candidates with experience in Powertrain, Gasoline/Diesel engine systems and calibration areas will also be considered.
- It is highly preferable for candidates to have design and/or validation/development experience of Spiral Bevel/Helical gears.
- Good understanding of GD&T and ability to perform stack-up calculations is preferred.
- Working knowledge of stampings, castings etc is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Engineering Tools like Creo/Pro-E, ANSYS etc is preferred.
- Candidates with fair bit of flexibility on job responsibilities, enthusiastic about learning new technologies on the go, ability to voluntarily take up challenges will be highly preferred.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.