Intern: Driver & Vehicle Productivity Test Engineer (Summer 2019)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Driver and Vehicle Productivity Team (D&VP) as a Test Engineer for Summer 2019. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of validation and verification engineering. As a valued member of the Driver and Vehicle Productivity Team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with product engineering and existing D&VP Test Engineers. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the responsible Group Manager.
- Call and attend meeting with project management and design engineering regarding assigned test requests
- Write work planner and set-up data acquisition
- Perform test requests with guidance of more experienced engineers
- Report generation and data analysis
- Assist with test scheduling and status updates
- Development of test methods and post-processing techniques
- Improvement of current test rigs and instrumentation
- Attention to detail required when planning and executing test requests. What factors are important, what factors can be controlled, what is desired from test requests, what can be delivered to requestor, etc.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship
- Summer Interns are required to work 40 hours per week
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Strong communication skills
- Valid US Work authorization
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
- Proficiency in Matlab or similar program is desired, but not required
- Experience with any R&D testing(lab setting, extracurricular teams, previous Internships, etc.) is a plus
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.