Mission/Purpose of the Position
The Packaging engineer will define, approve and implement service market spare parts transportation packaging solutions from supplier to Central Distribution Centre (CDC) according to principles defined in the inbound packaging process.
The position manages cost-efficient and harmonized transportation solutions that drive brand image, sales and customer satisfaction globally for all Volvo Group brands.
Scope & Influence
This position reports to the Manager, Operational support and is located in Byhalia, MS.
- Define the best PI according to inbound packaging principles, taking quality, total logistics cost, spare parts volume, storage requirements, ergonomics and other criteria into consideration
- Document PI in the chosen tool PackIT, including the Commercial Packaging
- Strive for common CDC:s solution and align with plant PI when it is possible
- Contact suppliers and agree upon the optimized PI for one or multiple CDC:s
- Take lead to escalate to purchasing department for cases that suppliers resist implementing V-EMB or following optimized PI proposal made by SML, and participate in dialogues to secure the wanted result
- Together with packaging department in GTO Production Logistics, secure V-EMB setup for supplier through creating and following Nii* case process
- Update and maintain all packaging related systems, including PackIT, local Warehouse Management Systems and local Panning Systems
- Involve actively in packaging network led by Logistics Preparation & Packaging team to share progress and secure support needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Industrial/Packaging Engineering, or related field; or equivalent experience
- Packaging knowledge, with focus on commercial packaging preferred
- 4 years of service market logistics/supply chain experience preferred
- Continuous Improvement/Lean/Six Sigma/Problem Solving Methodology knowledge and experience is a plus
- Experience working with engineering CAD drawings
- Experience and understanding in the usage of logistics cost models
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively and independently without direct supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a global environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced team environment striving towards operational excellence guided by Volvo’s Values and the Code of Conduct
- As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required
- Strong written, verbal, and communication skills
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively within a multi-cultural and international environment
- Self-motivated, willing to take initiative to improve processes and procedures
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- High skills in building strong relationships and working well with other departments
- Strong cross-functional team player, with focus on customer service and quality
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications, CAD drawing tools (e.g. CreoView), etc….
- Volvo internal application (GPS, GLOPPS, RAPID, etc…) knowledge a plus
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.