Volvo Group’s Digitalization & IT organization is going through a transformation. It’s a result of the larger and publicly announced Volvo 2030 strategy. Within ten years, we will evolve from primarily a product-based company to one that generates approximately half of its revenue from services. Digitalization will be a key enabler to this transformation.
This position is located at the Mack Trucks production facility in Macungie, Pennsylvania. This facility is going through its own transformation as it prepares for the next model introduction.
Manufacturing, Supply Chain & Purchasing Digital Delivery Area
The Manufacturing Digital Delivery Area (DDA) specializes in providing the competency and capacity to support factory-based IT solutions during the entire product lifecycle. In this area, project management is evolving from a waterfall-based approach to more agile deliveries with the ambition to speed up delivery of business value while securing that key stakeholders’ expectations are being met along the way.
We are now looking for a Project Manager / Scrum Master
Role mission & context
As PM / Scrum Master you will belong to the North American DDA with other colleagues seen as key talents in Project Management, Business Analysis, Software Engineering, IT Architecture and Data Science. You will report to the Director of the DDA in the US.
- Lead project teams to meet Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, and Risk objectives.
- Ensure that the right communication plan is in place and executed towards major project’s stakeholders
- Represent the DDA as a key representative of the IT community at the Lehigh Valley Operations (LVO) factory.
A lifelong learner that has leadership skills as well as a IT practitioner.
- Very structured person
- Ability to be in charge and work with autonomy
- A strategic mindset and experience
- Project Management experience is key
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills to ensure effective relationships at all levels of the organization is a key requirement in this position
- Excellent facilitation and networking skills. A prerequisite for success is to develop and maintain an effective cooperation with a number of stakeholders across the Volvo Group at large.
- Strong analytical mindset
- Good leadership skills and willingness to motivate people
- University degree or MBA in Business Management, IT or relevant field
- 5+ years with direct hands-on experience performing in Project Management roles
- Experience within the Manufacturing sector
- As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required
- Good knowledge of MS Tools and Communication Tools
- Have the ability to drive for results
- Have excellent prioritization skills and ability to eliminate roadblocks
- Have a leadership characterized by high level of integrity and trust
- Have a strong customer focus
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.