To strengthen our organization we are now recruiting a Spare Parts Engineer. Do you see challenges as positive and are ready to take some actions? Then we are hoping to hear from you!
Service Market Technology is a function within Global Service Market Technology at Volvo Buses. We are responsible for reducing “downtime” and increasing “profitability” for the bus owner/owners. Service Market Technology is represented in Sweden, Poland, Brazil, Mexico and India.
We are now looking for Spare Parts Engineer who in Product Development projects is responsible for establishing and optimizing the spare parts assortment for all parts belonging to the area of responsibility.
The work is carried out in Product Development projects, maintenance and quality should follow the Development Process Activities and timing of activities are described in the Project Handbook.
Main activities and responsibilities:
- Working according to the Global Spare Parts Engineering process and Product Development process
- Planning of the project within the area of responsibility and should provide an estimation of resources needed upon request from the project manager or line manager
- Judging new parts and decide about spare parts offer
- Releasing and time setting the parts belonging to the area of responsibility
- Investigate supersession possibilities between the old part and the new part. E.g., perform assortment maintenance
- Maintaining the Common Spare Parts Assortment Policy (CSPAP) for the area of responsibility and making assortment strategy proposals.
- Identify critical parts for a potential breakdown
- Review technical documentation and spare part proposal from a supplier
- Act as a back-office member to support Bus Support Center with the responsibility to solve cases
- Inform and communicate with other functions and processes about information that is important for Spare Parts Engineering responsibility area
- Report to Project Engineering Group Manager
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- Master’s degree in engineering or equivalent competence
- Automotive Engineering experience
- Knowledge about Product Development Process (DVP)
- Good knowledge of technical drawings (2D and 3D)
- Experience from working in cross-functional teams
- Analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Business-oriented with a clear customer focus
- Holistic view and ability to work cross-functionally and build strong relations
- Pro-active and open mindset
- Strong team player, self-starter and the ability to take initiatives
- Fluent in English spoken and written
What we offer:
- The highest standards of organizational culture based on Swedish patterns
- Development and career opportunities in global structures
- Friendly workplace: a modern campus with a medical facility, restaurant, recreational areas (sports fields and tennis courts)
- Private medical care
- Diversity and inclusion in the workspace
- Free parking space for employees
- Charity initiatives
- Work Life Balance
- Development opportunities
- Introductory trainings
- Contract of employment
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
The transportation industry is transforming at a higher pace than ever before. Very much driven by electromobility, connectivity and digitalization, new business models and opportunities to create value for our customers and society are evolving. If you think this sounds exciting and want to be part of a company committed to take a leading position in this transformation, we have an opportunity for you!
Volvo Buses is one of the world’s leading bus manufacturers, with a strong focus on driving prosperity through transport solutions. The product range includes complete transport solutions, city buses, intercity buses and tourist coaches, as well as services in financing, vehicle servicing, diagnostics, productivity and traffic information. Volvo Buses is part of Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses and construction equipment as well as drive systems for marine and industrial applications.
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.