Public Project Manager Göteborg
Imagine yourself looking at a picture. Do you focus on the details or do you prefer to take a holistic view? We are looking for a person who knows that the key to business success is curiosity and drive to take on new possibilities and who is able to look at the bigger picture. If you thrive in leading change and are able to create and contribute to a climate of cross functional teamwork where everyone are accountable and proud of the products and solutions, then we are hoping you to join our team.
This is us, your new colleagues in CTO Office
Many of today's societal challenges are expected to be solved by technology development and the Volvo Group is investing heavily in Research and Development (R&D). In order to fully leverage our R&D investments, it is necessary to strengthen the alignment of the innovation, technology and regulatory agendas to prepare our organization for the future.
Through internal and external collaboration, the CTO Office is instrumental to the Volvo Group in order to drive the innovation, technology & regulatory agendas, assure technology partnerships & research collaborations and to guide our future transformation.
We are a global support to the Volvo Group CTO operating with the aim to further strengthen the Volvo Group position and competitiveness. We are organized within Volvo Group Trucks Technology. The team you will join consists of highly engaged people around the world with different backgrounds and perspectives, a fantastic workplace to join.
We are looking for a “Public Projects Manager”
As “Public Projects Manager”, you will be in charge to drive external collaboration projects in the field of new technologies development.
You will be a crucial contributor to support the technology leadership position of the Volvo Group by capturing, developing and implementing relevant public projects in accordance to Volvo Group Technology strategy.
You will need to secure Volvo Group leadership in the field of public projects.
You will team-up and further develop Volvo Group internal network of contributors to public projects, supporting all technology development activities.
You will be in charge to drive a very broad network with worldwide state Authorities, Corporations, Suppliers, Customers and Academia and other relevant external stakeholders.
You will report to the “CTO Office Director Public Projects”.
Main responsibilities are:
- Identify relevant technology and business fields as possible enablers for public projects
- Map all possible partnerships to support public projects in connection to Volvo Group Strategy
- Contribute to build the research collaboration strategy together with the various internal and external stakeholders
- Set and drive cross-functional external collaboration projects in order to ensure their execution performance
- Maximize external financial contributions to Volvo R&D investments
- Represent Volvo in different external forums
- Promote the findings and success of advanced R&D projects to build Volvo Group’s reputation as an innovative technology leader
- Secure close team-up with all CTO organization
You are passionate to build the future for the society and interested to contribute as a core actor of the Volvo Group future. You see challenges as something positive and face change with curiosity.
The role requires an agile and network based leadership style, open mindset and passion to deliver value for our customers. You need to have skills to build networks and establishing successful relationships through external collaborations with partners, suppliers, and academia. You will be responsible for established public funding portfolio management in Sweden, France and US but also for new unproven funding streams.
You have significant experience from working in global multicultural business environments.
You have strong energy and leadership, including defining and driving vision, engaging people with a “making things happen” mindset.
You also have a genuine interest in developing people in order for them to be proud to be part of a great place to grow.
You have previous successful experiences in leading people and you are interested to increase your leadership by broadly expanding your network and successfully develop your team in an exciting context.
- M.Sc, Ph.D or MBA are a plus
- Worked in early phase, product development or product planning 5-10 years
- Deep understanding of technology and business strategies informed by business and financial acumen
- Project management experience in a global & cross functional environment
- Experience from working with external research collaboration projects including contacts with authorities and universities is a plus
- Applies outstanding influencing and partnering skills to deliver results through influence and matrixed organizations
- Ability to grasp new ideas with an innate curiosity
- Sharp strategic thinking, judgement and analytical skills
- Structured, analytical and holistic mind-set
- Have capacity to execute against set targets and a “can do” energetic attitude
- Exceptional levels of personal integrity and capability to act as a team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Highly resilient. Proactive and responsive to ever changing context and new challenges
Thierry Hours, VP Public Projects and Emerging Technologies, + 33 6 64 40 36 29
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.