This person will mainly work with tasks related to vehicle generated data (logs) from a data governance and data management perspective. This person will collaborate with the SEWS Approval Board team which is located in Gothenburg and Bangalore (India) and the Extended Vehicle Integration Office located in Gothenburg. This person will also guide and support the SW development teams when developing logs.
This position is located in Gothenburg.
The work will involve technical reviews, user support and maintenance of process documentation related to the logging area. Typical focus areas are the documentation of diagnostic objects like parameters, improvement of processes, supporting SW implementers and users of the logged data. We globally support all Volvo Group business areas and their products: Trucks, Buses, Construction Equipment, Penta, IT and VGCS.
Our aim is to ensure good data quality that is accurate and is easily understood as well as possible to maintain. This is done in order to achieve excellent diagnostics from a Volvo Group perspective.
- Support our users in their SW development of logs
- Support our users through the review process
- Support in upholding data quality
- Own/improve the system specification for logging
- Maintain and improve guidelines as well as our wiki site
- Continuously drive process and system improvements
- Basic understanding of embedded software development and its process
- Basic insights in automotive diagnostics and communication protocols
- Good knowledge in automotive functions and a will to learn more
- Good knowledge within data types, data transmission, data transformation, HW memory handling
- Be structured and have good organizational skills
- Technical English language skills
- Good documentation skills and a good memory
- Good social and communication skills
- Driven. Have a get-it-done attitude but still have a focus on delivering quality
- Must be able to work both individually and within a team
- M.Sc Computer Science Engineering or similar
- Automotive industry product knowledge
- Experience within Volvo Group Trucks Technology
- Have a pedagogical approach
- Experience from embedded SW development and process
Sharam Radifinia, Manager Diagnostic&Vehicle Interface, +46 31 3220538
Åsa Jivegård Bylund, HR Business Partner, +46 31 3234459
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.