Volvo GTO in Köping - Project Manager Operations
We are one of the best transmission factories in the world and we produce some of the best transmissions on the market. The production plant in Köping is the transmission center within the Volvo Group Trucks Operations, Powertrain Production. Our site is the “Center of Excellence” within the area of transmission solutions and today we are 1650 employees. We are now looking for our next future Project Manager Operations within our Product & Project Office department. The department is part of our Industrial Engineering unit that has not only a strong future focus on our factory and the industrialization of new products, but also provides technical support against our operations. We are looking for an outstanding leader, a project manager, who is eager to develop and that really wants to win the world championships together with our team.
As a Project Manager Operations:
- You will play an important role in our product industrialization projects within Volvo Group Trucks Operations and within Volvo Groups global environment
- Your mission will be to lead the industrialization of projects for both conventional transmissions and electro mobility solutions to the Volvo brands
- You will lead a team of professionals within our Industrial Engineering organization towards project targets. Delivering on the right time, to the right cost and with world class quality
- Taking on this position, you will play an important part in taking our Industrial Engineering team to the next level as we focus on improving our project management methods and ways of working within the Product & Project Office department
Who are you?
As a suitable candidate, you should be inspired and motivated of what is described above. You will be the front-runner in your product industrialization projects and it is important that you can find alignment with top-level objectives. As a person, you need clear customer focus and business understanding. An ability of strategic thinking, as well as, a strong sense of urgency and high responsiveness is essential. Other qualities that we value are a structured way of working, a quality mindset, communication and presentation skills, an analytical capacity and faced based approach.
Qualifications and background to your favor:
- We are looking for a dedicated Project Manager and are interested in both senior candidates with a solid experience and more junior candidates
- As a cornerstone in your professional background you hold a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent
- You have a documented background within the field of project management, and this strengthened by a project management certificate is seen as beneficial. Equally qualifying is experience from the manufacturing industry
- You communicate with ease in both Swedish and English, spoken and written
For more information please contact recruiting department manager Johan Aleberg, +46 72 8624622 or HR Business Partner Emelie Skälhammar, +46221 414505.
Selection of candidates will occur during the recruitment time, so do not wait with your application. We hope you feel strongly motivated for this job, we look forward to receive your application as soon as possible but no later than 30:th of November. Recruitment selection will be in progress during the recruitment time, so do not wait to send in you application. Welcome aboard!
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.