Performance & Calibration Engineer (M/F)
To be able to answer to your friends asking you – what do you do on Fridays to save our earth?:
I’m working on it each and every single day at Volvo
Because whatever the demagogic speeches, the conventional trucks will remain for years the best solution to answer the growing demand for goods and people transport solutions. We need then to act now and secure that their emissions and consumption will continue to decline over years in order to limit the environment impact.
As well, because Volvo group is a great group to grow in, and we love to get on board simple, positive people who have understood that we can work on very serious topics keep smiling. Our worldwide dimension offers a unique chance to work and grow in a truly multicultural environment. Volvo group is a caring organization where you will find a very good team spirit. You will never be alone to solve issues. We are facing problems together and we succeed jointly.
Finally, because we have in front of us very exciting challenges, we are very cautious to attract curious, engaged, responsible and enthusiastic persons. Just as an example, we develop autonomous transport solutions useful for most of the population! Autonomous transport solutions, based on self-driving and connectivity technologies are well-suited for applications where there is a need to move large volumes of goods and material on pre-defined routes, in repetitive flows.
Now the Volvo Group needs to take on board new members to develop efficiency and robustness of our Exhaust After Treatment System.
Your responsibilities, be brave, will be to:
- Perform test cells & vehicle activities to reduce emissions
- Find the best system optimization
- Identify improvement thanks to simulation
- Get always in mind the final customer and the environment
- Capture and share knowledge with other sites, Sweden, USA, India, Japan and Brazil
- Propose solution to improve our system and way of working
- Adapt yourself to changes and develop performance continuously
- Cook great breakfast on our Friday morning “FIKA”
- Engineer with specialization in internal combustion engine or energetic or mechanical/electronics
- More than 4 years in calibration activities with a focus on after-treatment system regeneration strategies
- Daily work with other locations over the world makes English a must
- French is also mandatory to drive test cell operational teams
- Organized, rigorous, synthetic, autonomous and love working as a team
- Brave, curious, optimist and always smiling!
Did you know? For many years, as a “disability friendly” company, Renault Trucks SAS has been committed to including people with disabilities in our professional environment.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.