The Mechanics group is the prototype support for the Hagerstown Engineering projects, assembling powertrain components required for powertrain engineering tests in cell or on vehicle. Working with prototype engines, gear boxes and axles.
- Engine and transmission builds, overhauls and teardowns
- Powertrain component upgrades in performance and durability cells
- Change of parts, for prototype vehicles
- Measurement of powertrain components
- Build, preparation and exchange of engines, driveline components and aftertreatment systems in the test cells for the Hagerstown Lab
- Reception of parts and kits prepared by the warehous
- Measurement of mechanical parts
- Assembly, preparation, and mockup of the powertain prototypes
- Remove and install engine, driveline or aftertreatment for the test cells
- Disassembly of engine after tests. Support for engine storage followup
- Change of parts and mechanical intervention in test cell
- Change of powertrain components on vehicle, and maintenance on heavy duty vehicles
- Organization of the activities of the corresponding workshops, based upon requests from Engineering
- and alert in case of difficulties, with respect of quality involvement and safety policies
- Basic computer skills in Word, Excel, Internet Explorer and Outlook
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
Must acquire within one (1) year, a thorough working knowledge of diesel powertrain principles; Company product engineering powertrain technician specific component system guidelines. Please note that this job is within a collective bargaining agreement with the UAW. Shift is determined by seniority. Current shift open is 1st.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you