Intern: QES Management Systems (Summer 2020)
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the undergraduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Construction Equipment by working on important and innovative projects. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns and our full-time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Construction Equipment.
The intern's main responsibility is to support the Quality team at Shippensburg. Main responsibilities include:
- Partnering with QES (Quality, Environment, Safety) Team to accomplish integrated objectives locally and globally
- Updating and maintaining Operational Management System documentation
- Quality Dept./QES System Tracking/Reporting/Metrics
- Interact with factory floor personnel on problem solving techniques
- Assisting Quality/Production teams with a variety of projects at the discretion of supervisor
- Strong Communication Skills (oral and written)
- Integrity and Trust
- Good Organizational Skills
- Student must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree preferably in Business, however other degrees will also be considered
- Must be enrolled at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Fall Interns are required work less than 30 hours per week and must be enrolled as full-time student
- Student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.