- Performs process mapping studies
- Measures work via time study or alternative method
- Contributes to operational optimization and process design with engineering
- Writes and updates required production documentation
- Perform Risk Assessments and lead any resulting corrective actions
- Assists the Manufacturing or Industrial Engineers
- Identifies root causes of assembly issues, calling upon the necessary resources
- Uses problem-solving methods when required by complex problems
- Consults with Industrial Engineers on the best option to implement
- Implements solutions, and ensures follow-up
- When problem solving, writes required documentation (AVT, procedures, work instructions) to clarify and simplify production assembly work as required
- Communicates the solutions to the concerned departments and coordinates the various departmental interventions, as required
- Writes action plans when required and ensures follow-up
- Carries out the required personnel training to explain the final solution and to facilitate learning
- Manages assigned projects according to identified priorities
- Identifies critical part locations and optimizes material handling equipment
- Participates in or carries out various projects or performs work as requested by the supervisor
- Support and participate in continuous improvement efforts
College diploma in industrial technology or engineering with 2+ years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
In lieu of a college diploma, we will consider substantial relevant experience and a willingness to obtain a college diploma within 2 years of placement.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of manufacturability concepts and criteria
- Knowledge of process mapping and work measurement
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and project management software (i.e. Autocad)
- Ability to work well under pressure, autonomous, analytical mind and sound judgment
Volvo Buses is driven by a purpose to ensure that millions of people reach their travel destination every day. Reliably, safely and with respect for the environment. We want to make a difference, being pioneers of sustainable transport solutions of the future. We want to be there for our customers providing uptime and reliability, all over the world every day. Volvo Buses is leading the biggest technology shift in public transport in decades with our electro-mobility offer. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.