CAB TPE (Technical Preparation Engineer)
There are no direct reports but this function has responsibility to coordinate communication between Manufacturing engineers and design engineers regarding product development in her/his area of responsibility
Mission/purpose of the Job
The TPE has to effectively coordinate and trigger activities of Manufacturing Engineers within Group Trucks Operations (GTO). To secure that product changes are introduced in the industrial system without disturbance, according to set targets.
Scope and influence
The TPE will conduct his or her mission with GTT Vehicle Engineering and internal GTO Manufacturing Engineering network in assigned technical area and for assigned projects. The TPE will influence the development of both product and assembly process.
- For Expertise role: Company will follow expert recommendations in decisions/investments
- For contributing to ways of working: company applies new method across the board and consults that senior TPE in future evolutions / proposals.
The Senior TPE assumes the responsibilities for the roles in which he/she has proven or taken the senior role in:
- Leads Liaison activities between GTT engineering and the GTO production engineering insuring that manufacturing requirements are implemented into new product designs
- Review, participate in, insure production readiness, and co-ordinate implementation of new designs and changes through the production implementation stages (GDP)
- Assures compliance with all applicable manufacturing policies and procedures relating to his/her area of responsibility
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Represent GTO towards GTT product engineering in area of responsibility
- Set technical requirements on product (incl. process related) and approve technical solutions
- Pronounce technical ok prior to the approval of product structure launch into downstream systems
- Close GTO project Protus reports
- Act as GTO PM by delegation of GTO Project organization
- Increase product communality between the brands Volvo, Renault, Mack and UD trucks
- Decrease number of parts and product diversity
- Decrease assembly time and standard cost of sales
- Enhance ergonomics and assembly environment
- Increase manufacturing flexibility
- Implement physical module strategy
- Timely delivery of Technical Preparation documentation
- BS Degree in Engineering with, generally, experience equivalent to 5 or more years of progressive automotive experience or a minimum of 8 years of applicable progressive automotive experience in for instance:
- Process Engineering
- Lean Manufacturing
- Six Sigma Certification a plus
- 5 years’ Automotive or Heavy Truck Industry
- Working knowledge of Volvo Truck common systems, including but not limited to: KOLA, TIKA, DIS, SPRINT, and PROTUS
- Good knowledge about Trucks and the diversity
- Good knowledge about our PrD process and what it means to industrialize new products into a production environment.(pref. automotive)
- Analytical Skills: able to compose and process data financially and technically such as
- business cases, stack chain analysis, matrices.
- Attention to Detail: unravel a design to improve assembly friendliness, with good accessibility and at lowest assembly time
- Conceptual Thinking: finding the best combination in product and process solution.
- Customer focus: Having both the final and internal customer in mind in developing solutions.
- Computer literate and preferably experienced in working with design- & product data management- systems
- Be a network builder and team player in a multicultural environment, have good negotiation skills, take initiatives, drive to deliver on time in full
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities and assignments
- Initiative: Taking action in the absence of specific instructions or in the absence of a specific requirement, taking reasonable risks to achieve results, even when challenged.
- Problem-Solving/Decision-Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles or resistance.
- Quality Advocate: Championing the quality process by reinforcing the organization’s vision, quality values, and quality processes and by fostering the continuous improvement of all operational and business practices.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.