Software Developers – Volvo Group Connected Solutions
Are you great at solving problems and good in communication, both when it comes to explaining technical details as well as understanding and solving business needs? Then this is the perfect place for you!
Volvo Group Connected Solutions is a global organization within Volvo Group focused on creating the services of tomorrow. We work at the forefront of connectivity by collecting and analyzing telematics data from over 1 000 000 Volvo customer assets globally.
Take a look at what we do: https://youtu.be/gh17g19EEW4
This is us, your new colleagues
Consumer Services is the function within Volvo Group Connected Solutions that is responsible for the end user services, from idea to development and operation. Together with our stakeholders and customers we create value through fantastic user experience and business enhancing services and products.
We are now looking for front-end and back-end developers with a passion for technology and the willingness to develop state-of-the-art software applications.
As a person you are a team player with a positive mind-set and you know the various challenges of application development. A customer oriented attitude is in your nature, you care about quality, allow yourself to be inspired, have a “can do” attitude and take pride in your work.
- Develop new software applications – frontend and backend - according to our development standards (epics and user stories will be given, but understanding the wanted effect you should also be able to read between the lines)
- Deploy, operate and maintain our applications incl. driving continuous improvement of the same for better quality, functionality and cost effectiveness
- Actively contribute to the solution design of new services
- And finally, but not at least, continuously reflect upon how we are doing things and where we can improve
Your personality is your major reason for success, but we think you also have:
- A university degree in software engineering, computer science or similar education
- Some working experience as Application Developer is preferred, but we also recognize experience through other projects
- Experience of Java 8 and Spring if you are a back-end developer
- Expectance of React, Webpack & Babel, Jest test framework if you are a front-end developer
- Experience in both front- & back-end is a bonus
- GraphQL, REST and deploying to AWS is considered as a huge plus
- Knowledge in asynchronous programming, micro service architecture, cloud services, test automation frameworks
- Experience from mobile (connected) applications is also a great plus
- Fluent in English - both written and spoken. Basic skills in Swedish is preferred
- Valid work-permit for Sweden, if not EU-citizen
We are a team on a journey, creating great results through awesome people, strong relationships and a high performance culture. We aim high; having a passion for people and making our customers succeed. We want to set a new standard for user experience, speed to market and customer value. We are proud to say that we are using the latest technologies delivering a very modern micro service based service platform hosted in the cloud. Of course we use agile methods and as we are adopting the DevOps model your work will cover a broad spectrum all the way from developing prototypes of future world class applications to managing the lifecycle of the existing ones.
Being based in Lindholmen Science Park, you will work in the heart of a vibrant area that lives and breathes new technology like IoT, autonomous driving, electro mobility and digitalization. Here the development is massive, new buildings and companies are popping up almost daily!
Welcome to the heart of connectivity at Volvo Group Connected Solutions!
For more information please contact:
Vlado Ivanovski, Manager Customer Portal, +46 739 021706
Mats Hogander, Delivery Manager, +46 739 021711
Volvo Group Connected Solutions is a global organization that leads the development of Volvo’s connected services and solutions of tomorrow. We work at the forefront of connectivity by collecting and analyzing data from over 1 000 000 Volvo customer assets. The organization is set-up to deliver competitive offerings, shorten time to market and provide an arena for new service innovations together with customers, partners and the Volvo Group.
Come and visit us online!
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.