Intern: Quality & Customer Support- Data Analysis (Summer 2020)
DURATION AND EXPECTED HOURS
This position will run through the summer of 2020, May-August, at 40 hrs/week
PURPOSE AND DESCRIPTION
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the graduates’ career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The purpose of this position is to support the Uptime Center Support team with ongoing continuous improvement and project support, to include but not limited to documentation of ongoing quality and customer initiatives; development, documentation and implementation of training programs, and business trends analysis to support customer experience initiatives.
- Analyze customer data for project support and communication of results
- Documentation of Uptime Support processes and procedures as it relates to common platform
- Support data analysis for common system project implementation
- Support vendor performance analysis and improvement initiatives
- Additional projects as assigned
- Advanced in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to analyze and summarize information and determine best presentation method
- Ability to demonstrate innovative thinking in projects and program support
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in project management and documentation of processes and procedures
- Understanding of continuous improvement methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal communication
- Familiar with intern based search tools and capabilities
- Ability to build business process maps and project management plans
- Quick Learning Ability: Understand the Aftermarket organization and key players with guidance
- Teamwork: Ability to work effectively as either a team member or independent contributor
- Customer Focus: Understand and meet the needs of the customers, and address the interests and concerns of all stakeholders.
- Flexibility: Perform a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities
- Ownership/Accountability: Take the lead in getting the job done and accept responsibility.
- Creativity/ Innovation: Reframe traditional patterns of thinking and apply new ideas, methods, designs and technologies.
- Applicants must be pursuing a Management, Business Analytics or Data Analytics degree (or related area of study) at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.