Graduate Program – Cab Living Junior Engineer (M/F)
You start your career in the VOLVO group by this global 12-month Program which offers a mix on-the-job learning, intensive training modules and project work. Overall, you spend 75% on the job at your home site, and 25% in international training modules in Sweden, France, India and USA.
You will have a permanent position (CDI) from day 1 and you will be given a challenging hands-on role, working in a diverse, international and cross-disciplinary environment.
You can find all information about this program on the following link : https://www.volvogroup.com/en-en/careers/graduate-programs/engineering-graduate-program.html
Do you want to be part of a competent and passionate team within a leading company offering multiple career opportunities?
Join us at Vehicle engineering at Lyon as Cab Living Junior Engineer for Cab Living (CAB).
WHO WE ARE?
Cab Engineering Lyon is a department responsible to develop Cabs for all truck brands within the Volvo Group.
We are leader to develop Renault Trucks cabs but also all medium duty cabs for Volvo, and our partner DAF.
We are currently looking for an Engineer to work in our team : “The group Interior equipment : Living”
We have the responsibility to design and develop components and systems to enhance the resting comfort in the cab:
- storages, trim parts, floor mats, bunks, interior lights, textiles and other surface materials, etc.
- our focus are : quality, customer satisfaction and well-being of the driver
The appliquant will work on a daily basis in an international environment with all other development sites of the Volvo Group in Sweden, USA, India, Brazil and Japan :
- You’ll work on future evolutions of our cabs
- You’ll propose innovating technical solutions for all development phases, including Advanced Engineering and maintenance aspects
- You will work closely with our main stake holders (marketing, styling, purchasing, quality, suppliers…) and take place in a cross functional team
WHO ARE YOU?
Your critical competencies:
- Passionate about Automotive market with a strong interest in interior design and product development
- Team spirit and driven by the passion of the product
- University degree in Engineering or the equivalent combination of education, with specialization in mechanical or plastics components
- Skilled in Catia V5 software
Your personal competencies:
- You are curious
- You like to solve technical problems
- You have technical skills in mechanical and plastics
- You enjoy to plan, follow up and take responsibility for your tasks
- You can easily make contact with new colleagues to create your own networks
- You can communicate, read and write in English
ARE WE A PERFECT MATCH?
While the position offers interestingly complex and challenging assignments, we are also proud to be part Volvo’s world class global culture where we value knowledge, career growth, prosperity with fun loving colleagues which makes us a great place to work for.
The final step of the recruitment process will take place May 12th 2020, please save the date.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.