Graduate Program – Mechanical Engineering (M/F)
You start your career in the VOLVO group by this global 12-month Program which offers a mix on-the-job learning, intensive training modules and project work. Overall, you spend 75% on the job at your home site, and 25% in international training modules in Sweden, France, India and USA.
You will have a permanent position (CDI) from day 1 and you will be given a challenging hands-on role, working in a diverse, international and cross-disciplinary environment.
You can find all information about this program on the following link : https://www.volvogroup.com/en-en/careers/graduate-programs/engineering-graduate-program.html
Do you want to be part of a competent and passionate team within a leading company offering multiple career opportunities?
Join us at Vehicle Engineering at Lyon as Mechanical Engineering for Powertrain Installation (CVDE).
WHO WE ARE ?
Within Chassis Vehicle department, our team Powertrain Installation has de the responsibility to design and develop component and system, from advanced engineering to maintenance, for Volvo truck Medium duty and Renault Trucks range.
The Powertrain Installation team in Lyon is responsible for developing and maintaining the follow components: anti-recycling shields, air duct, fan shrouds, coolant, noise shields and the installation of this systems: air filter, fan, expansion tank, cooling package.
Moreover, we have the responsibility for the complete cooling system and thermal evaluation trough Hot spot, CFD & 1D analysis and verifications.
We are in a strategic and interesting phase, ramping up to be able to develop and deliver new technologies to meet future customer, market and legal demands.
The applicant should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the Powertrain Installation within GTT, the candidate will have the opportunity to work directly as part of the engineering team. The technical area will concern cooling package, anti-recycling shield, expansion tank and charge air cooler installation :
- Develop component and solve engineering problems involving the design, testing and manufacturing
- Partake in documentation for physical and virtual trucks for project development
- Maintain and support existing systems, tools, and admin support to other members of the team
WHO ARE YOU?
Your critical competencies:
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Fluent in English
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, analytic and critical thinking skills
Your personal competencies:
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Good relationships & open minded
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
- Strong communication skills
ARE WE A PERFECT MATCH?
While the position offers interestingly complex and challenging assignments, we are also proud to be part Volvo’s world class global culture where we value knowledge, career growth, prosperity with fun loving colleagues which makes us a great place to work for.
The final step of the recruitment process will take place May 12th 2020, please save the date.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.