Intern: Capital Markets (Summer 2020)
VFS Global HQ is seeking a student to serve as a capital markets intern in the company’s Greensboro, North Carolina-based Capital Strategies Department during the 2020 summer break (May 18th – August 14th). This position will primarily be project based and will work with internal capital strategies staff responsible for providing support at the VFS Headquarters level, with exposure to VFS Region and market colleagues around the world. Activities will include working with legal documents, creating trainings aides, working on operational readiness tasks for capital markets activities, building financial models, analyzing cash flow and data output, and supporting the creation of reporting and presentation material. The Capital Markets Intern will have a dual reporting responsibility to the Director of Operations and Readiness and the Director Structured Finance. The position is located in Greensboro, North Carolina.
- Action oriented: Full of energy for challenges and not fearful of acting. Seizes opportunities
- Dependable and detail oriented: Delivers agreed upon results on time and within scope. Places a high value on getting a job done right the first time
- Integrity and trust: Seen as a direct, truthful individual who presents facts in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences and admits mistakes
- Learns on the fly: Learns quickly when facing new challenges and is a versatile learner open to change and quickly grasps the essence of ideas. Self-directed with the ability to adjust in a dynamic environment
- Resourceful: Asks questions and seeks answers with a curious mind. Acts with ‘next-level’ thinking
- Peer relationships: Can solve problems with peers and is seen as a team player who easily gains trust and support and encourages collaboration. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work cross-functionally
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish
- Self-development: Personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/her
- Standing alone: Can be counted on and is willing to be the only champion for an idea or work alone on an assignment
- Technical learning: Can learn new skills and knowledge quickly and is good at learning a new industry, company, product, or technology
Essential Skills and Required Experience:
- Currently enrolled in and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship
- Prefer an applicant pursuing a degree in business, finance or economics at an accredited school
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Prior professional work experience is a plus
- Have experience prioritizing work effectively and multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Have proven experience working with attention to detail and in a proactive way
- Have proven interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience with Qlikview a plus
- Fully proficient in reading, writing and speaking English, additional language a plus
Volvo Financial Services (VFS) is the captive finance company for the Volvo Group and its customers and dealers. Our services are important to the Group in terms of customer satisfaction, growth, competitive advantage and product affordability. We offer leasing, installment financing, insurance solutions, rentals, repair and maintenance contracts, dealer financing and many other services, depending on the market. Our team of about 1400 professionals manages approximately SEK 100 billion of assets, and our employees are located in about 48 countries. Working at VFS is both exciting and challenging since we get to work closely with each Business Entity of the Volvo Group. Please read more about us at our homepage.
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.