Manager, Purchasing - CAB Exterior
GTP is located in 52 sites around the world, has 1,300 employees and a yearly spend of 120 BSEK. We have 2,550 suppliers in serial production that delivers 1,9 billion parts to Group Truck plants annually. We are a global team working with pride, breaking new grounds and capturing the latest innovations as well as supporting the brands and safeguarding Volvo Group synergies. We work together with speed and agility, in close collaboration and with a strong mandate towards our suppliers and internal stakeholders.
We like to work hard, have fun and committed to our customer & the Volvo Group success. You will work with a high performing team aiming at world-class Purchasing – do you have what it takes?
Vehicle North America is the team in charge of the supplier base that delivers Cab, electrical, Chassis and Vehicle Dynamics, Rubber and Sheet Metal components to build our Mack and Volvo trucks in NA.
We own the responsibilities for these segments along the purchasing process (sourcing / projects / operations / revenue service parts) and work in a strong collaboration with our Global Vehicle strategic line. The team is responsible to drive end to end Purchasing activities whilst securing QDCF-TSR (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management) targets.
We currently have an opening for a Manager Position for Cab Exterior Purchasing
This area is under a significant transformation in North America due to supporting all new projects in this region with the ambition to raise the bar for our Brands on all aspects of the QDCFTSR. This includes scouting and selecting new partners worldwide, capturing innovation that will bring value to our customers and developing new ways of working both with partners and with our internal stakeholders.
As a Purchasing Manager in North America, you are responsible for strategic & operational activities within your area of scope pertaining to your region by implementing global methods. You are responsible to drive/manage day to day business and performance of your team of project and commodity buyers from QDCF-TSR stand point. Your scope will include, but not limited to, managing supplier relationship, cross functional collaboration, contribute to supplier negotiation & global segment strategies.
Your target? To build a strong cohesive team of purchasing specialists, to drive business excellence and execute the needed change in an industry full of exciting challenges! You will need to be agile, think globally, act locally, and appreciate cross-functional work and global setups!
Reporting To: Director Cab & Electrical Purchasing North America
Location: Greensboro, NC
- Be a member in Vehicle – North America Purchasing Extended Leadership team and be an active contributor to the team development
- Manage purchasing QDCF- TSR deliverables according to support the regional and global business objective
- For assigned responsibilities and commodities, ensure that all project sourcing and commodity plans are developed and delivered in timely manner
- Provide Input and execute the segment strategies and manage supplier selection/relationship/ partnership and negotiation
- Responsible for budget and operating expenses
- Work in accordance with the Volvo processes, the Code of Conduct and the Volvo Values
- Ensure collaboration with the other managers within the respective segment(s)
- Manage cross functional interactions with Engineering in development of technical roadmaps, appoint supplier hosts within his/her area
- Give input to department purchasing business plan, entertain continuous improvement and sustainability
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/technology and/or Business Administration (Master’s preferred)
- Automotive or Automotive OEM background (5+ years) or internal company experience equivalent
- 5+ proven experience into purchasing
- 2+ years of strong people management skills
- Knowledgeable in current and future business trends relative to relative industry, technology and markets
- Able to execute in a global matrix organization
- Ability to analyze difficult situations, act quickly and directly
- Works well with cross-functional stakeholder on risks; opportunities and alternative solutions in mind
- Able to manage diversity and offer opportunities for personal/professional development
- Able to build an effective team with a common objective and strong morale and spirit
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Building Effective Teams
- Drives Engagement
- Action Oriented
- Represent his/her Purchasing area in cross-functional decision bodies
- Validates sourcing cases to be presented to the sourcing decision body
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta. We aim at being the most admired employer in the industry by attracting and engaging the best people.
Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing has 125 BSEK in purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. We deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers through scouting and working with high performing supply chain partners.
We support Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ through sustainability, business ethics and innovation. When you join Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,400 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. Joining us means working in a global context with people from diverse backgrounds and different nationalities while contributing to the core business and results of Volvo Group.
Diversity is important for us, we therefore put a lot of time and effort into creating an open and inclusive environment for all. We are extremely proud to say that we are almost as many females as men in our team. We are goal oriented and business focused people who believe that the best results are achieved while having fun and when we challenge each other. We offer unique opportunities where you can accelerate your career through competence development and connect with people who are truly passionate for purchasing. Join us and work where the action is!
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.