Lead Commodity Buyer and Segment Leader in CAB Interior Living
The biggest technology shift in decade within public transportation has started and Volvo Group wants to stay in the forefront together with our customers. In a changing world with new customer requirements status quo is not an option.
We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ through sustainability, business ethics and innovation. Joining us means working in a global context with people from diverse backgrounds and different nationalities while contributing to the core business and results of Volvo Group.
We have a culture of high performance created through employee engagement. We value Customer success, Trust, Passion, Change and Performance. We like to work hard, have fun and we are committed to our customer and to the Volvo Group success.
We are now looking for a new colleague to complete our team. As we are a continental team the position can be located either in Gothenburg or Lyon. The CAB Interior Living team is a team of eight highly dedicated and passionate buyer’s belonging to the Volvo Group Truck Purchasing Vehicle Organization. We value team players, motivated by challenging situations, with energy and creativity, who are willing to drive the change and strive for the best in order to deliver results.
Want to join us?
This probably describes you
To be successful in this position as a Lead Commodity Buyer with Segment Leader responsibilities you need to have a drive, enjoy working with people, you are well organized, dedicated and you have excellent communication and networking skills. You are a true team player and are used to take the lead.
You support the team with your background, experience and knowledge and you contribute to the team with good team spirit. We value team players with energy and creativity, who see opportunities where others see risks, who are willing to drive the change and strive for the best in order to deliver result.
By joining our European team, you will have the opportunity to work in a business oriented atmosphere and as a member of the team you will work and develop in a dynamic and multicultural organization.
You believe in action, collaboration and clear communication. An important part for all of us is to interact and collaborate with other parts of the Volvo Group and represent purchasing in related key stakeholder forums. You have a positive attitude and the ability to take full ownership of your deliverables.
In addition to this you also have:
- University degree (Bachelor or Masters), preferably in Business or Engineering
- Several years purchasing experience, preferably in automotive
- Excellent Negotiation skills
- Strong communication and networking skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with counterparts
- Business acumen
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Strategic thinking
- Perseverance, energy and a drive to improve
- An aptitude for self-development and a holistic view
- Proven ability to establish targets and drive results
- International experience is meriting
As a Lead Commodity Buyer with Segment Leader Role you will have some key responsibilities:
- Responsible for the QDCFTSR of the supplier base on your segments during early advanced engineering, sourcing, project and production phases
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets during production phase and after production phase for Revenue Parts
- Responsible to make sure the segment strategy is implemented through the selection of the right suppliers, and by continuously securing supplier QDCFTSR performance using the tools and purchasing/cross functional network during production and after production for Revenue segments
- Drive the commodity buyer’s network and stimulate the business knowledge within the team (best practices sharing, benchmarking, market knowledge, cost breakdowns, cost drivers, spend analysis, etc.)
- Support Project & Commodity buyers in negotiations and supplier issues when several regions are involved
- Identify synergies with other Business Areas when relevant (in co-ordination with Supplier Host, when relevant)
Let’s do some business together!
If you are eager to learn, love doing business and have the drive to take on new challenges, you will probably fit here - because this is what we do. We take action and we love problem solving. Nothing is impossible.
Curious and have some questions, call me:
Åsa Hagman Purchasing Manager – CAB interior living. Phone: +46 31 323 3012
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta. We aim at being the most admired employer in the industry by attracting and engaging the best people.
Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing has 125 BSEK in purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. We deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers through scouting and working with high performing supply chain partners.
We support Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ through sustainability, business ethics and innovation. When you join Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,400 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. Joining us means working in a global context with people from diverse backgrounds and different nationalities while contributing to the core business and results of Volvo Group.
Diversity is important for us, we therefore put a lot of time and effort into creating an open and inclusive environment for all. We are extremely proud to say that we are almost as many females as men in our team. We are goal oriented and business focused people who believe that the best results are achieved while having fun and when we challenge each other. We offer unique opportunities where you can accelerate your career through competence development and connect with people who are truly passionate for purchasing. Join us and work where the action is!
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.