Senior Test Engineer - Driver and Vehicle Productivity
In Complete Vehicle we are close to end customers, understanding their needs and behaviors. Our engaged teams have a holistic view of the entire truck and bring hands-on truck experience.
Features, Verification & Validation is a global organization using deep customer knowledge to break down customer features into technical requirements. We drive validation plans to reach the requested feature level and secure end customer satisfaction. We also manage the verification plans thanks to world class physical and virtual tests on the complete vehicle such as durability testing in rigs, fuel economy testing, reliability testing with customers and a variety of simulations and tests with trucks on proving grounds and open roads. Our skilled and engaged teams are located in Gothenburg, Lyon, Greensboro, Curitiba, Bangalore and Ageo.
The purpose of this position is to provide engineering support for VALIDATION & VERIFICATION of new product development. The Senior Test Engineer provides professional expertise as a fully competent engineer within a formal engineering process or a major project. Coordinates and performs complex engineering tasks that support the mission of the unit & department. Requires the ability to interpret the principles, theories and concepts of a specialized engineering area or assignment.
- Product support through the planning, developing, scheduling and directing of a variety of engineering projects of differing scale and complexity
- Provides technical guidance and direction to design engineers and technicians, developing schedules and establishing priorities
- Prepares and estimates program costs for management and maintains costs within established budget
- Responsible for accurate application of a diversified engineering knowledge, requiring advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories with the authority to draw, report and implement conclusions
- Make decisions on types of testing, specifies test procedures, instrumentation and hardware used in the testing of designs. The job function extensively involves selecting appropriate instrumentation and sensors for experimental determination of vehicle vibration (acceleration and displacement), structure element internal stresses and system loadings, etc.
- Perform lab simulation tests for structure durability or system functionality verification testing in the following core areas: noise vibration and harshness (NVH), automation and vehicles dynamics, heat management and HVAC testing, and fuel economy testing
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering Masters preferred
- 5-10 years of Mechanical Engineering Experience
- Working knowledge of data acquisition equipment and data processing techniques
- Automotive experience a plus
- Action oriented
- Customer focus
- Decision quality
- Demonstrates self-awareness
- Instills trust
- Values differences
- Manages ambiguity
- Communicates effectively
Group Manager Driver and Vehicle Productivity Team.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.