Intern - Communications (Summer 2019)
Support the Shippensburg Operations Leadership Team and site leaders in regularly and proactively articulating the mission, goals, and progress of the company and strategy through various communications forums, including:
- writing and editing news articles
- producing and editing videos
- editing and designing printed newsletters
- proactively communicating strategic updates through various multi-media channels such as plasma screens, newsletter, intranet systems etc.
- working with various departments to gather content for project updates and news articles
- organizing employee face to face events and meetings
- develop continuous improvement ideas for communication channels
- supporting event coordination and execution
- taking on-site photography
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
- Writing / editing /proofreading
- Presentation skills
- IMovie or other video editing software
- Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop)
- Project management
- Stakeholder knowledge
- Student must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree preferably in Business or Communications (other degrees will also be considered).
- Must be enrolled at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
With Volvo Construction Equipment, one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the construction industry under the brands Volvo, SDLG and Terex Trucks, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.