ENGINEER - CAB EXTERIORS
GTT (Group Truck Technology), CAB Bangalore is looking for an energetic and skilled candidate to work in the Truck CAB Exterior area. If you are looking for opportunities to work across different culture and various global products and be part of the latest trends and technology, this is the right opportunity for you. We wish to create a diverse team with a good mixture of young, dynamic, experienced engineers and managers.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
The group consists of diverse, passionate and enthusiastic engineers responsible for designing, developing and delivering solutions to some of the key systems of Trucks across different brands such as VOLVO, RENAULT, MACK and UD. Our main aim is to provide a robust solution and ensure the right quality of Products which meets the demands of Market and customer. Customer success is our core value.
The candidate for this position will provide Design solutions in small or major design project as a Design engineer and should be able to work independently on Truck Exterior module. Candidate will coordinate and perform complex Engineering tasks under minimal supervision, supporting the mission of the group, department and/or Volvo GTT.
- Ownership of complete QDCF (Quality, Delivery, Cost & Feature) in deliverables
- Show willingness to communicate directly both within cross-functional team and with supplier in development of design concepts
- Plan as necessary for fulfilling the highlighted tasks
- Show interest in learning of Engineering process & method documents (TR, guidelines, rules etc.)
- Support packaging engineers in packaging and installation tasks (e.g. technical reports, packaging investigations, DMU utilization)
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
- BE/B-Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience from 2yrs to 4yrs of applicable automotive experience
- Hands –on experience in Plastics and Metal Engineering Technology (Injection Modeling, Metal Forming)
- Good team player proactive in discussing with cross-functional team
- Good CAD Modeling knowledge - CATIA V5 mandatory
- Quality Tools exposure, MFG Process knowledge
- Vehicle Regulatory knowledge (FMVSS, ECE, AIS) will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication & Presentation skills
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.