- Design, plan, lead and deliver the business aspects of vehicle electrification pilot projects
- Define business objectives and clear deliverables of each pilot project
- Aggressively explore business-oriented piloting opportunities
- Lead negotiation with customers/partners and manage all contractual aspects
- Investigate and design new business models leveraging vehicle electrification
- Develop automation strategy and prepare/conduct reporting within UD Trucks or the relevant Volvo Group governance
- Work closely with UD Connected Solutions to explore, design and implement new services leveraging vehicle electrification
-Secure a complete business focus and mind-set is maintained in all the project activities to deliver the project in an efficient and predictable manner
-Fully responsible and accountable for the overall delivery of the decided scope of assigned projects.
-Establish and maintain overall project organisation to deliver the results in an efficient, flexible and pragmatic manner
-Creating, maintaining and aligning project Main Time Plan with Time Plan for all sub projects.
-Managing the project cost - Establish, forecast, follow-up, analysis of deviations, challenge, define priorities.
-Regular reporting to the decided governance bodies to update project status, request support, open gates and request funding
-Pro-actively identify and create action plans, communicate impact and alternatives to reduce risk throughout the project
-Continuously challenge and strive to improve efficiency and lead Time in the delivery of project activities to secure the best outcome for UD Trucks.
- Development of a thorough vehicle electrification roadmap
- At least 2 pilot projects per year
- At least 5 candidates in the pipe line by year-end
- At least 8 years of professional experience in planning/project management/strategy at an automotive OEM or Tier-1 supplier, or management consultancy
- Basic understanding of vehicle electrification and its eco system implications; professional experience in hybrid/battery electric/fuel cell vehicle, new businesses related to vehicle electrification, and/or other advanced engineering/planning is a merit
- Concrete experience in PM; designing/driving/delivering cross-functional projects under great uncertainties
- Out-of-the-box thinking to new challenges; knowledge and experience about design thinking is an asset
- Working knowledge about relevant legislation is a merit
- Passion for bringing innovation to UD
- Strong inter-personal communication skills and business etiquette rules, especially in the Japanese business context
- Excellent in networking and teamwork
- Japanese native level
- English advanced level (both verbal and written)
- Hands-on, self-learning
- Failure-embracing mind-set, not afraid of making mistakes and capable of learning from them
Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or other relevant field; Master's degree preferred
UD Trucks and JVs is an international commercial vehicle solutions provider based and headquartered in Japan. UD Trucks and JVs develop, produce and sell a wide range of heavy, medium and light-duty vehicles, supporting smart logistics solutions across 60 countries. Our trucks go the extra distance, giving our customers extra fuel mileage and uptime.
Our 8,000 smart, modern and diversified colleagues work with passion, trust and change to stay ahead for performance. We will always go the extra mile for our customers and business partners.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.