Health, Safety & Environmental Specialist
We strive for balance and believe that actively prioritizing a high level of diversity in our workforce creates a competitive advantage. It is our people that make the difference!
Champion health, safety and environmental continuous improvement initiatives in support of production/production-support business units through hands-on interaction and communication with team members. Ensure compliance with company safety/health and environmental policies, federal safety/health and environmental regulations and other requirements as delegated to maintain a World-Class Program.
- Facilitate health, safety and environmental continuous improvement at the production/production support level
- Actively support the Safety/Environmental Focus Area concept by serving as professional resource, mentor, and training advocate
- Participate in workplace injury and accident investigations to establish root-cause and assist in the implementation of corrective action plans
- Participate in Safety/Environmental Management Audit Tool (SMAT/EMAT) process
- Coordinate LOTO Specific Procedure development and perform periodic evaluation within Business Unit
- Facilitate safety/environmental visual management within specific production/production-support business unit
- Assist Ergonomics Team to drive continuous ergonomic improvement
- Work directly with Business Team Leaders to develop and coordinate job-task risk assessments
- Perform IH exposure monitoring as needed
- Participate in health, safety and environmental training
- Facilitate environmental initiatives including chemical substitution, recycling, energy conservation
- Familiarity with federal occupational safety and health regulations (General Industry/Construction)
- Familiarity with federal environmental protection regulations (Air, Storm Water, Waste, Tanks)
- Ability to serve in a leadership capacity relative to health, safety and environmental discipline
- Ability to listen effectively and actively provide value-added feedback during problem resolution
- Ability to work in diverse and fast-paced manufacturing work environment
- Professional attitude with strong conviction to employee/environmental protection
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety/Health, Safety Engineering, or Environmental Science
- 4 - 7 years of experience in an industrial/manufacturing setting
- Experience working in union environment is preferred
- Professional credential(s) a plus (GSP, CHMM, QEP)
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.