Intern: Credit and Customer Service (Summer 2019)
- Reviews credit submittal, D&B, credit bureau, Paynet, or other individual and commercial credit bureau reports for completeness
- Establishes customer files and performs necessary verifications of borrowers and guarantors (i.e. Secretary of State, debt history, trade history, bonding capacity, employment, and revenue sources) as required
- Underwrites transactions and articulates the strengths and weaknesses, as well as recommendation in verbal and written presentations
- Identifies and implements process improvement opportunities in the credit process
- Reviews temporary customer credit line increase requests and provide recommendation
- Participates in account management and resolution for delinquent customers
- Participates in process improvement projects as may be assigned
- Gains and grows industry expertise
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Customer Service
- Observe and participate in incoming customer calls
- Develop relationships with National and Key Accounts
- Undertand Volvo Financial Services (VFS) objectives and how these goals align with Volvo Group objectives
- New Customer Onboarding Support
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Potential Projects
- Reporting Enhancements (Qlikview, Excel, etc.)
- Key Account Procure to Pay Project Support
- Ariba Accounts Payable Queue
- Underwrite Credit Applications (Scorecard)
- P.O. Line Item Match
- All VFS USA workers are expected to develop and meet the following competencies:
- Action oriented - Full of energy for challenges and not fearful of acting - Seizes opportunities
- Customer focus: Establishes and maintains effective relationships with dealers, customers and colleagues and gains their trust and respect
- Integrity and trust: Seen as a direct, truthful individual who presents facts in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences and admits mistakes
- Learning on the fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems and is a versatile learner open to change and quickly grasps the essence of ideas. Self-directed with the ability to adjust in a dynamic environment
- Peer relationships: Can solve problems with peers and is seen as a team player who easily gains trust and support and encourages collaboration. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work cross-functionally
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish
- Self-development: Personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/her
- Standing alone: Can be counted on and is willing to be the only champion for an idea or work alone on a tough assignment
- Technical learning: Can learn new skills and knowledge quickly and is good at learning a new industry, company, product, or technology
- Problem solver and critical thinker contributing to the performance of the Sr Remarketers and End of Lease Analysts
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics, or similar and in school full-time at an accredited school.
- Must be pursuing their degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Have experience prioritizing work effectively, be an individual & team contributor and be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Have proven interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Fully proficient in reading, writing and speaking English, additional languages a plus
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.